MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Notebooks AelyaS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-23-2010 07:18 PM
Used But Not Bruised Notebooks temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 8 08-08-2008 10:48 PM
Project Hope Eva C MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-03-2008 10:18 PM

50 Notebooks Project

50 Notebooks Project

The MSU is putting together an interesting project they are calling the "50 Notebooks" project. Based on the concept of the 1000journals project, which took place in San Fransisco, the MSU will be passing out 50 notebooks and let them travel throughout campus. The purpose is to provide an opportunity where students can creatively, collaboratively and anonymously (if preferred) express their opinion of the quality of student experience at this university.

Photos from the 1000journals project

Each notebook will be dispersed at the start of November, and will be given a traveling deadline of no more than 30 days, on the 10th day of December, or earlier (as will be stated on the notebook’s cover) the book must be returned to the MSU office in MUSC 201. The most important aspect of this project is that it is a collaborative expression by the students of McMaster, yet it is one with a traveling deadline, so it is imperative that, as soon as you are finished with your own individual expression, you immediately pass it on to another friend, classmate, peer, etc.

The books will be dispersed as follows:
    • 13 will be dispersed to each residence hall, with at least one extra for each of the larger residences (Brandon, Les Prince)
    • Each academic society president as well as the living space society (SOCS, IRC) presidents will receive at least one, numbering roughly 12
    • The caucus leader (or designated representative) from each academic division of the Student Representative Assembly will also receive, at least, one notebook, numbering roughly 10
    • The roughly 15 remaining notebooks will be dispersed among the libraries, the MUSC, cafeterias/restaurants/catered areas and any other (preferably indoor) area where students congregate
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 11-02-2007 at 09:46 AM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
i seriously can't wait to do this.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 11-02-2007 at 01:37 PM   #3
Stan

Liked: 10 Times
Indeed, this will be interesting. Hopefully i manage to get my hands on one.

Old 11-10-2007 at 09:40 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
I've got one in my fat little paws right now!

Yay for being involved in a faculty society!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Article Tools