MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
MSU election techniques Rossclot Presidentials 2010 76 02-03-2010 06:30 AM
Aaron Wade Chad Presidentials 2010 27 01-25-2010 01:23 PM
SRA 2009 By-Election temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 28 10-23-2009 01:01 AM
Thursday's By-Election c.erl General Discussion 28 02-19-2009 02:00 PM
Canadian Election J-Met Politics 19 09-25-2008 08:51 AM

Aaron Wade Withdraws From MSU Election

Old 01-25-2010
arathbon
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-25-2010
huzaifa47
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-25-2010 at 10:44 PM   #15
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times
While I am supporting Kieran, and think that this is a good move, I am a bit concerned about what will happen to the money Aaron already spent. While I'm not sure I agree with the MSU footing the bill even for the people who receive 10% of the vote, it seems shitty if he'll have to pay $300 because he was doing what he thought was best for the students, especially when he could have finished the race just to get that money back.

Old 01-25-2010 at 11:18 PM   #16
wadea

Liked: 7 Times
Hey Everyone

Thanks for the mix reviews.

As for who will be footing the for my campaign, the simple answer is I will. I said that I didn't want my campaign to cost students a lot of money and because of my withdrawl students will not pay for any of it.

Thanks

Aaron

adrian, crazyfree, huzaifa47, Scrub, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to wadea for this post.

Old 01-25-2010 at 11:22 PM   #17
-McD-

Liked: 1 Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
So he's gone and wasted 100% of the 25% of the paper he used to promote himself...
You can't exactly call it 'wasted' if you remember the message that clearly...plus withdrawing to support another candidate is very different than withdrawing just because.

Old 01-25-2010 at 11:27 PM   #18
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times
That's also part of the reason we decided earlier in the race. Most of the non-poster purchases are returnable at this point because we hadn't rolled it out yet - aka blank t-shirts, etc. Aaron's campaign won't cost the MSU any money.

huzaifa47, lorend like this.

Old 01-25-2010 at 11:30 PM   #19
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadea View Post
Hey Everyone

Thanks for the mix reviews.

As for who will be footing the for my campaign, the simple answer is I will. I said that I didn't want my campaign to cost students a lot of money and because of my withdrawl students will not pay for any of it.

Thanks

Aaron
That's incredibly noble of you man. A lot of people talk about their principles, but you're actually living them. I'm extremely impressed.

huzaifa47, McIntyre, wadea all say thanks to Marlowe for this post.

Old 01-25-2010 at 11:43 PM   #20
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times
Aaron Wade is a class act. He may not be the next MSU President, but everyone should try and get to know him.

wadea says thanks to Goce for this post.

Nino, Taunton, xo.monica, ~*Sara*~ like this.

Old 01-25-2010 at 11:47 PM   #21
Scrub
Original "G"

Liked: 57 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goce View Post
Aaron Wade is a class act. He may not be the next MSU President, but everyone should try and get to know him.
I agree wholeheartedly, for the short time that I have know Aaron Wade I can definitely vouch for his great personality. He is one of the funniest, nicest, weirdest (in a good way) and most approachable people I know and this business of him paying out of his own pocket comes as no surprise to me. Keep up the great work Aaron!

wadea says thanks to Scrub for this post.

Nino, ~*Sara*~ like this.

Old 01-26-2010 at 12:13 AM   #22
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times
Aaron Wade is definitely a great guy. As a former SRA representative, it was a pleasure being in the same caucus as him.

Old 01-26-2010 at 12:19 AM   #23
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times
Best part is... he makes the Kieran team that much stronger, and brings with him many strong people. Aaron it's great to have you aboard.

huzaifa47, McIntyre like this.

Old 01-26-2010 at 11:55 AM   #24
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Just an Update, *name removed until official statement made* has joined Kieran Alkerton's campaign team starting today as well! So Chad you can slash that out as well

According to MSU historian & President of MSU Alumni Association Mr Dave Moore this is the first time a candidate has joined another team in 30 years. YES he does have accurate records as far back as more then 30 years!

I am quite sure though TWO candidates joining a third is even more rare!

It's OUR TURN!
Ok now i'm confused... when is this statement coming out?

Old 01-26-2010 at 01:17 PM   #25
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
Ok now i'm confused... when is this statement coming out?
Based on the debate today I would assume that it is Nnamdi Ngene who has also withdrawn. They were not at the table and all other candidates were.

Old 01-26-2010 at 01:20 PM   #26
james2255
Faculty Society VP

Liked: 19 Times
Aaron,

It takes a lot of maturity and professionalism to do what you just did. It proves to me that you are one of the few people who care about the union much more than yourself - and for that I applaud you. I look forward to other leaders following your example.

I look forward to seeing you in a leadership position on the union next year - should that be what you decide to do - as I am sure you will translate these qualities into results.

--
James Steels
Chief Financial Officer
DeGroote Commerce Society
www.degrootecommerce. ca

McIntyre likes this.

Old 01-26-2010 at 02:56 PM   #27
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Based on the debate today I would assume that it is Nnamdi Ngene who has also withdrawn. They were not at the table and all other candidates were.
Kieran's site has an update saying that it is indeed Nnamdi Ngene who has withdrawn, and joined his team instead.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search