MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Long distance anubhagat Residence & Housing 1 12-08-2009 11:51 PM
Calling Long Distance from Residence mac-gal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-10-2009 05:43 PM
Surviving a Long Distance Romance moops Misc 13 09-02-2009 03:01 AM
Long Distance Calling janeller General Discussion 7 09-09-2008 09:48 AM

The ABC's of Long Distance Friendships

Old 07-20-2009 at 12:03 PM   #15
Taunton
Elite Member
Program: Life Science & Geographic Information Systems
Year: Alumni
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 598 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moops View Post
What I found hardest about all of my friends leaving for university is that pretty much my entire group of best friends decided to go to the same university and I chose a different one.
I can relate to this... I finished high school out near Ottawa, and a huge proportion of my friends/people I know from high school went to University in Ottawa (at either UofO or Carleton). Ottawa and Carleton are the "home town" universities back home and I wasn't interested in going there simply because I wanted to go somewhere far and on my own.

Now, the stories I hear basically tell me that a lot of those people just have stayed together and hang out together, while I have met a whole new host of people, and essentially changed my outlook on life (like previous posters have said, I'm a totally different person than I used to be).

I love it when I get the chance to hang out and catch up with my best friend from high school, but I'm very happy knowing that I went outside my comfort zone and met so many interesting, new people. If I had the chance to go back, I'd say "hell no" to Ottawa U again and again

daisy, ~*Sara*~ like this.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 07-21-2009 at 02:35 PM   #16
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)
Program: Business
Year: Other
Residence: Brandon Hall

Liked: 91 Times
this video says it all:
Old 07-21-2009 at 02:58 PM   #17
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Chemical Engineering
Year: Masters

Liked: 633 Times
The friends who needlessly blow off their "old faithfuls" always seem to be bitten in the butt by it.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-21-2009 at 03:30 PM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Honours Molecular Biology and Genetics
Year: Alumni
Residence: Edwards 08-09, SOCS 09-12

Liked: 604 Times
College Humor FTW!
Old 07-21-2009 at 04:47 PM   #19
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Biology and Pharmacology
Year: Fifth
Residence: Keyes

Liked: 622 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
The friends who needlessly blow off their "old faithfuls" always seem to be bitten in the butt by it.
So very true..

Article Tools