MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Science Student Advisors mac-lover Academics 0 04-10-2012 03:01 PM
Can you email the academic advisors for help? Duncanrob First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 03-20-2012 09:10 PM
Academic Review meklia Academics 0 03-15-2010 08:08 AM
Student Success Advisors @ McMaster: A New Way to Volunteer lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-25-2010 04:02 PM
Relevant Sarcasm: CollegeHumour - Residence Advisors lux Residence & Housing 4 09-22-2009 07:39 PM

Academic Advisors

Members have rated post #413832 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 01-06-2015 at 11:41 AM  
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Academic Advisors

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 01-06-2015 at 12:48 PM   #1
patriots4eva

Liked: 5 Times

You have an interesting pet peeve
Old 01-06-2015 at 03:09 PM   #2
2Dream

Not as much of a pet peeve, as it is a general incomprehension as to why people are so lazy. You see it way too often these days that our generation expects everything to be spoon fed to them.
I was in a 3rd year comp eng class in my final year of elec eng, and i couldnt believe the attitudes of the 3rd years in the class. In the final week of class, 3rd year students caused a verbal arguement with the prof during class regarding study material for the exam. The one kid had the ignorance and was such a pompous prick that he actually stood up and told the prof "We pay tuition to pay your salaries, so you have to give/teach us whatever we want." The student and his friends were demanding the prof to not only tell the exact types of questions on the final exam, but they were also demanding that the prof make available previous final exams/midterms. I guess this situation is the polar opposite of the spectrum compared to what i was describing previously, but still my point is that no one seems willing to put in the time and effort to achieve their goals these days.
Old 01-06-2015 at 04:23 PM   #3
patriots4eva

Ok Mr. 2Dream, you say no one seems willing to put in the time and effort to achieve their goals these days?! On the other thread your degrading my posts about reaching for goals?? Maybe you should try the whole optimism thing. Instead of putting down people, motivate them to be their best. Why not put a smile on someones face instead of destroy their aspirations? It will all work out in the end.

Hmmm, a pompous prick eh, if I recall properly, you used alliteration. You appear to have some english abilities after all.
Old 01-07-2015 at 11:46 AM  
2Dream

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 01-07-2015 at 11:47 AM   #4
2Dream

Deleted cuz of duplicate post

Last edited by 2Dream : 01-07-2015 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Duplicate Post
Old 01-07-2015 at 12:33 PM   #5
patriots4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dream View Post
Again, is a second year life sci student REALLY trying to call into question my intelligence?
I can't imagine what your blood pressure is at. You clearly misinterpreted my post and honestly, I'm tired of your negativity and how close minded you are.

I would be very surprised if you considered yourself happy.

I am done talking to you. Forever.

2Dream says thanks to patriots4eva for this post.

2Dream likes this.
Old 01-07-2015 at 12:50 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Hi Troy

Thank you for linking to all of the pages for academic advisor contacts. It will be helpful for those who are unsure where to go to book an appointment with their academic advisor.

However, please note that this is a discussion forum for students, meant to allow students to ask other students for their advice and opinions. Most of them know about Academic Advisors and have booked appointments with them, but still come to the MacInsiders community to ask for advice, because we have members here that are alumni of programs and have been in similar situations as the posters and have valid, practical, real-world advice on the direction they took and how it worked out. Something that academic advisors can't provide.

We have a Code Of Conduct policy here that makes it clear that the forums are meant to be an inclusive environment, one that provides a positive environment for constructive discussion. It doesn't mean everything needs to be 'rainbows and sunshine' where you're telling people what they want to hear, you can be honest and truthful with your opinions, but bashing is not allowed. Talking down to members, or belittling their questions is not allowed. No question is seen as a useless question.

Please help foster that constructive discussion environment, adhering to the Code Of Conduct. Thanks.

patriots4eva says thanks to Chad for this post.

Old 01-07-2015 at 02:31 PM   #7
2Dream

Why not reread the thread Chad. My original post was providing a service to the students without directly singling out any specific person. From the patriot decided to make a smart comment to me, to which i replied respectfully without insulting him in any way. Instead i chose to provide examples from past experiences to make my point. From there patriots made a rude comment, sarcastically calling into question my intellect, and that was where i retaliated. If you are going to enforce these rules, enforce them on everyone, instead of just sending me these messages please. In this thread i did nothing but provide a service, and until provoked by a user who has been following my posts and responding to them in negative ways, i was not harming anyone or calling out any single person.
I am writing this response in hopes to get a reply from you, as patriots has finally stated he wont reply to any of my posts anymore, so i feel it safe to post in this thread without expecting another snarky remark.

Thanks,
Troy
Old 01-07-2015 at 02:33 PM   #8
MimeMime

Liked: 9 Times

haha, this 2Dream guy reminds me of someone who thinks they're incredibly intelligent but in reality is an idiot.

patriots4eva likes this.
Old 01-07-2015 at 02:36 PM   #9
2Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimeMime View Post
haha, this 2Dream guy reminds me of someone who thinks they're incredibly intelligent but in reality is an idiot.
Again? I provided links to help everyone (and believe me ive seen A LOT of posts regarding academic advisor related questions) and you jump in out of nowhere to say that? Well here's hoping an infraction is addressed for the insult that came out of nowhere in left field lol.
Old 01-07-2015 at 02:42 PM   #10
MimeMime

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dream View Post
Again? I provided links to help everyone (and believe me ive seen A LOT of posts regarding academic advisor related questions) and you jump in out of nowhere to say that? Well here's hoping an infraction is addressed for the insult that came out of nowhere in left field lol.
I mean if you simply posted the links to the academic advisors for every faculty, it would be a nice helpful post. But no, you're merely using the post as a facade to rant about the most useless issue out there. Clearly you didn't post this topic with the intention to help anyone out.

patriots4eva likes this.
Old 01-07-2015 at 03:42 PM   #11
2Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimeMime View Post
I mean if you simply posted the links to the academic advisors for every faculty, it would be a nice helpful post. But no, you're merely using the post as a facade to rant about the most useless issue out there. Clearly you didn't post this topic with the intention to help anyone out.
Well if you look through the thread, i have provided more information to the topic of this thread than you have. As a matter of fact, the only contributions you have made to this thread are personal attacks on me.
Anyways, the resources have been provided above for all those who need it. Now when i post the link to this thread in other threads on this forum, students are going to get more than they asked for; they will get the links to academic advisors to help with their school related questions, but they will also see a pointless argument that you just began without even having provided any useful input to the topic at hand here. So thanks!
Old 01-08-2015 at 12:04 AM   #12
2Dream

Can the mods give out infraction points for pointless reporting of posts? I would love to know what part of my original post in this thread broke MI conduct. Glad to know i have a few people in the MI community who follow my posts so closely tho
Old 01-08-2015 at 12:45 AM   #13
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Guys I have an academic question that will decide my future. Can you help me out?

It's really important, I'm thuper cereal.