MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accepting the payment agreement? kuruczpa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-25-2010 03:10 PM
Do we have pay deposit when accepting offer and other OUAC questions dlee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-15-2010 11:09 AM
Called for Interview after Accepting Offer Allan Volunteering Opportunities 6 05-18-2010 11:50 AM
Accepting my admissions for second year BrendonM Academics 2 06-08-2009 01:26 PM

After accepting the offer

Old 05-02-2008 at 10:08 PM   #1
Meg543

Liked: 0 Times

After accepting the offer
So I feel pretty stupid asking this but..ya whatever.
I was really worked up about the idea of accepting my offer because I had no idea what was going to happen after I did. Needless to say it was pretty anticlimactic because nothing happened.
Whats the deal here? Am I going to be recieving a package in the mail thanking me for accepting the offer? What do I need to do next in order to start getting prepared for September? I'm likely going to be away for July/August so I'd prefer to figure most stuff out before the end of June.
Old 05-02-2008 at 11:51 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Have you submitted the new student form? Have you logged into your MacID for the first time (I'm not sure if it's possible at this time...but you should do it sooner than later). What about courses to take for next year?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-03-2008
Meg543
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 05-03-2008 at 08:03 AM   #3
Meg543

Liked: 0 Times

Ya here's the thing, I don't actually know how to do these things :S
I have thought about courses for next year and ordered a paper copy of an undergraduate course calendar because it's easier for me that way.
How and when can I apply for res?
What is a new student form and where do I go to fill one out?
Whats the deal with the student card/picture form thing they sent out?
How and when can I register for courses?
Maybe someone who was in first year last year would be able to help out because they did it fairly recently
Old 05-03-2008 at 01:45 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

In your acceptance package you would have got a copy of the new student form, res application package etc.

As for the student card, you need to send a picture in as it's a form of photo ID.

You will be registering for courses sometime in early July I believe. If you go to the Summer Orientation Days you can get help from Faculty advisors about the entire process.

If you go to MUGSI (search for it on the main Mac page), there will be an option for you to log into your MacID for the first time.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-04-2008 at 08:49 PM   #5
__lexington

Liked: 1 Time

You're not alone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg543 View Post
Ya here's the thing, I don't actually know how to do these things :S
I have thought about courses for next year and ordered a paper copy of an undergraduate course calendar because it's easier for me that way.
How and when can I apply for res?
What is a new student form and where do I go to fill one out?
Whats the deal with the student card/picture form thing they sent out?
How and when can I register for courses?
Maybe someone who was in first year last year would be able to help out because they did it fairly recently
I must ask, because it's easier than spend hours searching for something I'll never find, but how did you ORDER a PAPER copy of the Undergrad calendar? I'd agree on it being easier. I mean...sorting through all the courses online is daunting! (i know so high school)...I'd also assume it will only be sent out when it's completed? :S *shrug*

Again...accpeting the application was very anti-climactic.
Old 05-04-2008 at 10:42 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

You'd likely have to go to the Bookstore and buy one.

I'm pretty sure you can't order them.

Old 05-05-2008 at 01:29 AM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg543 View Post
So I feel pretty stupid asking this but..ya whatever.
Don't feel stupid Meg! No question is a stupid question on MacInsiders

@lexington:
Looked it up on the Registrar's website, and you buy them through Titles.
Quote:
Copies of the 2008-2009 Undergraduate Calendar are available for purchase through Titles, the McMaster University bookstore.

And you'll need to go onto MUGSI and activate/enable your MACID services. MUGSI is at: http://mugsi.mcmaster.ca

Doing so will turn on and setup your McMaster e-mail, access to all your academic stuff, etc.
Old 05-06-2008 at 09:03 PM   #8
__lexington

But Titles does mail them do they? I mean like....2 and a half hours in gas would be nice to avoid
Old 05-06-2008 at 09:17 PM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Call Titles and ask (dial the McMaster switchboard [905-525-9140], then 0 to talk to an operator. then ask for Titles. you'll be given some options, then eventually talk to a person).

Then you can let everyone else know!

Old 05-06-2008 at 09:23 PM   #10
__lexington

Hahaha thanks.

I'm a tool bag though; I was just on the website and they do ship out books to Canada the USofA and Internationally all you need is a Visa, Mastercard or American Express or the ability to get to the campus. All for less than $10CND (if you live in the country)

Plug.
Old 05-06-2008 at 09:44 PM   #11
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Shipping is less than $10? Or everything is less than $10?

The book costs $5.

Why spend up to $15 when you can access it for free on the internet, or if you come to Mac for May @ Mac or the Easy Summer Orientation Days you can buy it then?

Old 05-06-2008 at 10:18 PM   #12
__lexington

Well it's $9 for the book and shipping. I'm not sure if I will be going to the summer orientation days... depends on work since I'm planning to work at a summer camp. When do we have to know what courses we are taking for first year?

And reading it on the internet is daunting because of the amount of content...the size of the word files when I start saving junk, and the fact that I need to speed up the refresh rate on my monitor every half-hour.
Old 05-06-2008 at 10:28 PM   #13
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

First years pick courses sometime after the first week of July (assuming the office of the registrar follows the same method they have for the last several years).

You don't need the pdf version...you can just access the parts you need by going through the faculty websites below the pdf link. That way you save space on your compooper.

Course descriptions are available there too...so you really don't need the pdf

Old 05-06-2008 at 10:33 PM   #14
__lexington

Oh no I've been looking at theversions through faculties...my internet lags so it's a task and a half. Serisouly, I don't know if I can think about what I'm taking second year yet! :O v.v RAWR...I want to try and go down for the registration thing though.