MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ouac DilC Academics 3 05-25-2010 12:56 AM
Called for Interview after Accepting Offer Allan Volunteering Opportunities 6 05-18-2010 11:50 AM
residence deposit julie a. Residence & Housing 1 02-08-2010 04:14 PM
After accepting the offer Meg543 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 46 04-12-2009 03:50 PM
OSAP Deposit saukalra First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 09-05-2008 08:02 PM

Do we have pay deposit when accepting offer and other OUAC questions

Old 06-15-2010 at 02:10 AM   #1
dlee

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Do we have pay deposit when accepting offer and other OUAC questions
I received an admission offer last week and accepted it on OUAC but is unsure if it went through 100%. Why do I think this:

1) When I go onto OUAC and log into "COMPASS" and review..etc, it doesn't exactly show that my acceptance went through...it just say that applicant's reponse is "accepted". Is this normal? I was guessing maybe there might be a sentence that said, "you are accepted" or any other verifications along that line.

2) Is there a deposit to pay once you accept the offer? I know that for other universities I applied to, they required an applicants to pay a deposit fee once you accept their offer to "hold" your spot. I am not sure about McMaster's rule for this.

Any helps would be great!
Old 06-15-2010 at 05:49 AM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee View Post
I received an admission offer last week and accepted it on OUAC but is unsure if it went through 100%. Why do I think this:

1) When I go onto OUAC and log into "COMPASS" and review..etc, it doesn't exactly show that my acceptance went through...it just say that applicant's reponse is "accepted". Is this normal? I was guessing maybe there might be a sentence that said, "you are accepted" or any other verifications along that line.

2) Is there a deposit to pay once you accept the offer? I know that for other universities I applied to, they required an applicants to pay a deposit fee once you accept their offer to "hold" your spot. I am not sure about McMaster's rule for this.

Any helps would be great!
1. i believe u should get an email from mac thanking you for accepting

2. no deposit for keeping your spot in the school BUT if you are staying on campus in residence there is a $600 deposit
Old 06-15-2010 at 11:09 AM   #3
dlee

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
1. i believe u should get an email from mac thanking you for accepting

2. no deposit for keeping your spot in the school BUT if you are staying on campus in residence there is a $600 deposit
I emailed MacAdmit yesterday and they said that they recieved my acceptance.

No res for me...so no deposit! So just gotta get new student form done and then register for courses..