MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accepting the payment agreement? kuruczpa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-25-2010 03:10 PM
Do we have pay deposit when accepting offer and other OUAC questions dlee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-15-2010 11:09 AM
Called for Interview after Accepting Offer Allan Volunteering Opportunities 6 05-18-2010 11:50 AM
Accepting my admissions for second year BrendonM Academics 2 06-08-2009 01:26 PM

After accepting the offer

Old 05-06-2008 at 10:40 PM   #16
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Dialup?

So don't think about second year yet. You're honestly getting a weee bit too ahead of yourself. Get through your first week of classes, then your first term. Then start thinking about second year.

Do it! I'll be there for the ESOP days!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-06-2008 at 11:04 PM   #17
__lexington

Liked: 1 Time

Sweet sweet...

but but *starts to panic* don't I have to know what the pre-requs are??? BAH.
Old 05-06-2008 at 11:45 PM   #18
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Yes and no.

You need them to pick your courses, yes. But thats where the forums come in handy

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Last edited by lorend : 05-07-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-07-2008 at 10:32 PM   #19
__lexington

Liked: 1 Time

Oh hahaha. Shortcuts are good.
Old 05-08-2008 at 05:05 PM   #20
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

just to let everyone know, i've been hearing on various threads that rez pckg and info etc is included with your acceptance, thats not true all the rez stuff is online after you have accepted you can access the rez online application and fill it out. Question to whomever knows I get the impression after going thru the site that u can register for ur 1st year courses right now after activating your mac id for the first time on MUGSI and not wait till July, is this true?
Old 05-08-2008 at 10:40 PM   #21
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

nope.

Our school isn't really even over yet, as marks are not finalized until May 16th. And I just checked SOLAR (where you access your classes) and there isn't even dates up yet for picking classes.

Old 05-09-2008 at 08:30 AM   #22
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
nope.

Our school isn't really even over yet, as marks are not finalized until May 16th. And I just checked SOLAR (where you access your classes) and there isn't even dates up yet for picking classes.
ok so what is the point of registering your MAC ID then?
Old 05-09-2008 at 02:04 PM   #23
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

If you are able to do it now it means you don't have to do it later.

Old 05-17-2008 at 02:05 PM   #24
woodlawngirl

Liked: 0 Times

so ive activated my mac id, but i cant get my email to work
im not sure if were able to activate our email now or if we have to wait until later...
Old 05-17-2008 at 06:13 PM   #25
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

you're going to have to wait a little bit

Old 05-17-2008 at 07:39 PM   #26
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

You need to activate your MACID in order to access SOLAR and your other services. SOLAR is what you use to pick your classes, and there are set dates that you are allowed to choose your courses (we've posted these dates up before... check the recent posts on the homepage and you'll find them). Once your date comes up, you'll have to quickly log into SOLAR, pick your courses (there is a time limit before it boots you off), agree to the payment agreement, and log out.

If you haven't activated your MacID services by then, you won't be able to access SOLAR until you do... so activating it all now saves you time when its your turn to pick courses. Also, your email won't be active for a few days after you activate (it isn't instant).
Old 05-19-2008 at 01:45 AM   #27
sneakyhobbit

Liked: 0 Times

egad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
In your acceptance package you would have got a copy of the new student form, res application package etc.

As for the student card, you need to send a picture in as it's a form of photo ID.

You will be registering for courses sometime in early July I believe. If you go to the Summer Orientation Days you can get help from Faculty advisors about the entire process.

If you go to MUGSI (search for it on the main Mac page), there will be an option for you to log into your MacID for the first time.
;o. does our passport picture go on our student id?! oo noo. i hate mine. LOL
Old 05-19-2008 at 09:00 AM   #28
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

You need a picture. So you can either use what you have, or get new ones taken. Passport photos are the size they want, which is why they're reconmended

Old 05-19-2008 at 11:38 PM   #29
alee90

Liked: 57 Times

Uh oh...we were supposed to get a residence package?? I didn't get it in my offer of admission package :S :S YIKESS now i'm scared
Old 05-20-2008 at 12:00 AM   #30
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

res application package now consists of directing you online.