MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
When is the payment agreement due by? Rakim Financial Aid 2 07-31-2010 03:31 PM
Mac Approved Calc Ish001 Academics 5 07-10-2010 09:27 PM
McMaster approved calculator gcruz91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-24-2009 11:30 AM
Payment Agreement Woody33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-21-2008 09:38 PM

Agreement Approved With 91%!!!!

McMaster food-service workers are heading back to work this weekend after ratifying a new contract with more than 91 per cent of the votes late Saturday afternoon.
The new deal includes commitments by the university to maximize the number of full-time jobs and strengthen protection from contracting out work, Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 2 chief negotiator Ted Mansell said Saturday.

However, only 68% of the members showed up.

STRIKES OVER!!!!!

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/ar...e-new-contract

AnguishedEnd, anon491, AnthraX, maclover, marieeeeeee, mary357, resh.jyoti all say thanks to eleduc for this post.

Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 01-15-2011 at 05:27 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times
Finally. Now I won't have to deal with... uh... well the strike didn't effect me in any way, but I'm sure theres something I gained from this.

lizziepizzie likes this.

Old 01-15-2011 at 05:27 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
Glad that's over! When's the next one?

In all seriousness though, I'm glad they reached an agreement and didn't cut a lot of benefits like they initially wanted to do.

@Ryan- True, but some of us actually were affected :(

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 01-15-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Old 01-15-2011 at 05:32 PM   #4
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times
That 9% will form a diabolical team of super villains that poison the water supply of Hamilton with an air-based neurotoxic hallucinogen that is activated when they activate a microwave emitter to evaporate our water supply to incite fear across the city and destroy it.... waiiit a second...

.... Hamilton... must-ah beeh destroy-t.

Last edited by Kendoon : 01-15-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Old 01-15-2011 at 05:33 PM   #5
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Only 68% showed up to vote.. nice.

eleduc likes this.

Old 01-15-2011 at 05:37 PM   #6
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times
Great Success! I finally get to eat my sammiches again!

Rakim likes this.

Old 01-15-2011 at 05:51 PM   #7
dsahota

Liked: 83 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Only 68% showed up to vote.. nice.
68% is a pretty high turnout for a Saturday afternoon (only a couple hour voting window) with less than one day notice. People have their kids hockey games, dance recitals etc to go to. Its a heck of a lot better than the turnout for our federal election, where only ~60% vote with several months notice, a 14 hour voting window and early ballots as well!

RyanC likes this.

Old 01-15-2011 at 06:48 PM   #8
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsahota View Post
68% is a pretty high turnout for a Saturday afternoon (only a couple hour voting window) with less than one day notice. People have their kids hockey games, dance recitals etc to go to. Its a heck of a lot better than the turnout for our federal election, where only ~60% vote with several months notice, a 14 hour voting window and early ballots as well!
and where were those hockey games and dance recitals when they were blocking the road?

danallan says thanks to Afzal for this post.

Old 01-15-2011 at 06:55 PM   #9
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
That 9% will form a diabolical team of super villains that poison the water supply of Hamilton with an air-based neurotoxic hallucinogen that is activated when they activate a microwave emitter to evaporate our water supply to incite fear across the city and destroy it.... waiiit a second...

Don't worry, Batman will stop 'em!

Kendoon likes this.

Old 01-15-2011 at 10:28 PM   #10
optimism

Liked: 14 Times
Thank God! Now I don't have to worry about cutting cars to get to my classes on time

Old 01-15-2011 at 10:57 PM   #11
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimism View Post
Thank God! Now I don't have to worry about cutting cars to get to my classes on time
Your username and signature makes me want to cut myself harder.

Rakim likes this.

Old 01-15-2011 at 11:15 PM   #12
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times
the strike was actually useful. the menu for the boxed chinese food at commons dramatically improved. hope it doesnt change

Desda likes this.

Old 01-15-2011 at 11:36 PM   #13
optimism

Liked: 14 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
Your username and signature makes me want to cut myself harder.
lol why? there's always goodness in this world despite all the misery, look at the bright side and don't lose hope! Tomorrow will be better, only if we strive to make it so

And there's no need for anyone to cut themselves if they felt thankful for what they're blessed with, in contrast to millions who are deprived of the things we take for advantage.

There's nothing wrong with feeling optimistic, makes you feel good about yourself, the world around you and definitely makes you live longer

All the best,

Old 01-16-2011 at 12:55 AM   #14
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post

we like the same movies and games.

Old 01-16-2011 at 01:33 AM   #15
jinna

Liked: 0 Times
Well guys..fun wont be for too long..there are truck loads of casual workers who were hired in heaps...they will get kicked out..n get ready a for a shock when you swipe your card in the cashier....somebody's gonna get a hurt really badly n it wont be the management or the workers.....it will be us...allready with a ridiculously high pricing...it will be students who will has to get onto the road next...lol everyone says they think of us...do they...

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search