MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Going for an interview? Read these! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 6 04-21-2010 09:26 PM
I don't know how to read my timetable? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 08-11-2009 10:48 PM
read course details lbqjenny Academics 7 06-10-2009 04:51 PM
Everyone should read this. lorend General Discussion 10 04-17-2009 11:57 AM

all my mac techies read this!!

Old 08-12-2011 at 10:42 AM   #16
thatdudeukno

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFLY View Post
You can use her Snow Leopard Install Disc, no serial etc.. needed.
Wrong. You need to purchase the RETAIL Snow Leopard disc to install it on other machines. I remember this being the case with Leopard 10.5

Last edited by thatdudeukno : 08-12-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-12-2011 at 10:50 AM   #17
thatdudeukno

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbaby07 View Post
so i upgraded to snow leopard this morning and instead of using an external drive i just partitioned my HD. now that i have snow leopard installed can i remove the partition? and if i do remove the partition will i loose the OS? or do i have to upgrade to lion first and then go back and delete it?
Did you upgrade your Leopard straight to Snow Leopard or you installed a clean SL on a separate partition?
Old 08-12-2011 at 10:52 AM   #18
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Actually if you have a 4GB memory stick, ask a fellow Mac owner to make a disk image of it.

If you want I can upload a copy for you later? Let me know.
the only other option is to install SL and then download from the Mac App store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbaby07 View Post
so i upgraded to snow leopard this morning and instead of using an external drive i just partitioned my HD. now that i have snow leopard installed can i remove the partition? and if i do remove the partition will i loose the OS? or do i have to upgrade to lion first and then go back and delete it?
Wait so you have a partition with Snow Leopard and a Partition with Leopard?

You can delete the partition that does not have SL on it, make sure to get the files of it first.
Then you simply Click the install button on Lion through the Mac App Store.

You dont need to back up anything, the installer will install Lion and all your stuff including applications will still be there.

Last edited by jhan523 : 08-12-2011 at 10:58 AM.