MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leaf fans around campus? TerenceC General Discussion 14 06-28-2011 10:33 PM
Daily game May 28 : Animal RaceWay Chad Daily Game 0 05-28-2011 04:12 AM
Leaf Fans United bcars Athletics & Recreation 73 12-27-2010 08:09 PM
Incredibly Addictive Flashgame dhgn General Discussion 14 11-04-2010 08:29 PM
Addictive flash game Chad General Discussion 0 04-06-2008 01:48 PM

Animal Crossing New Leaf - aka most addictive game of the year.

Old 07-09-2013 at 01:09 AM   #1
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Animal Crossing New Leaf - aka most addictive game of the year.
there are loads of academic threads on MI right now so let's discuss something else

does anyone else play AC:New Leaf? o__o

man, it was so hard to get a copy of this game in the past 2 weeks. They were sold out all over hamilton and on every online site.

also, I need friends, so PM me your friend code if you want to be added and I'll PM you mine
I need to figure out how to visit people.
Old 07-09-2013 at 01:58 AM   #2
lgdynasty

Liked: 24 Times

What is this game about? what do you do in it?

**Computer Engineering**
Old 07-09-2013 at 02:32 AM   #3
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgdynasty View Post
What is this game about? what do you do in it?
You're the mayor of a town that you have to upgrade. You get a house that you can upgrade and buy furniture for, and you can dress up your little avatar. There are lots of minigame type things: bug catching, fishing, etc. The types of activities that you can do vary by the time of day and time of year (and the changes happen in real-time, ex. right now it's summer). You can visit your friend's towns as well. It's basically like a lifesim! There's always something to do, so it takes a reaaaally long time to "finish" the game.

lgdynasty says thanks to anon491 for this post.
Old 07-09-2013 at 06:10 AM   #4
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Wait, you're a mayor in New Leaf? WHOOOOOA.
Old 08-11-2013 at 05:07 PM   #5
hamsterific

Liked: 9 Times

Best game ever!! It would be nice to meet people at Mac who play!
Old 08-11-2013 at 05:24 PM   #6
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Okay, so this is basically like playing Barbies. You get to dress up your dolls, use "points" (aka money irl) to buy new clothes, use "points" to buy new furniture for your Barbie Dream Home, and gather friends. You can also build your Barbie family and your friends families. And can use "points" to buy new environments and activites for your Barbie. ie. Barbie jeep, computer lab, doctor's office, class room, camping set, boat, dance club etc.

The coolest thing? You get to use your imagination!
Old 08-11-2013 at 07:06 PM   #7
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

...?

Animal Crossing was awesome on GameCube. In Wild World I got too caught up in the drive to make money which sucked fun away. Never played the Wii version. Wish I had a 3DS to play New Leaf.

Glad to hear it's a great game.

Old 08-11-2013 at 08:35 PM   #8
PhilM

Liked: 148 Times

Animal Crossing is the most pointless game ever but that didn't stop Animal Crossing Wild World from being one of the most addicting games ever. I think it's all the random stuff that can happen in your town that made it so fun. It's pretty bad for completionists as well because there are so many types of bugs, fossils and fish to catch.

I remember there was a glitch when you played online that enabled you to duplicate items. Some friends and I duplicated thrones because they were the most valuable item in the game and then we would sell them and become super rich.
Old 08-11-2013 at 09:12 PM   #9
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Yeap, it seems to turn every player into a completionist xD The aspect of some events/items/fish/bugs being season-specific means that unless you time travel in-game, you'll be occupied for at least a year.

happy to say that they made it a lot easier to make money this time compared to past animal crossings. I have city folk for wii, and it took forever to make enough money to pay tom nook back. Also, you could only ever have one room for your house, which has been changed in new leaf.

I like bringing my 3ds with me places and getting people's houses from streetpass! hopefully I can grab a lot at mac this year although I don't know how many students carry a 3ds with them everywhere.