MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What comics/anime everyone reading/watching? Tailsnake Anime & Comic Books 101 10-13-2010 04:46 PM
Anime Fans Unite NatalyaOtaku Anime & Comic Books 17 08-08-2010 01:22 AM
Where's the Anime/Manga club? RoyK Anime & Comic Books 5 09-28-2008 11:42 PM

What Anime Next?

Old 12-23-2010 at 01:42 PM   #16
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by siefer1322 View Post
This man speaks the truth if you have years of free time.
Don't worry, if you went to HS you do have a load of free time, well I sure did...
Old 12-23-2010 at 02:47 PM   #17
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

GINTAMA

greatest parody comedy ever.
don't get scared away by the number of episodes (201 and continuing in april)
most episodes are stories of their own, so they don't really have to be watched in order or anything there are a couple 'serious' story arcs, but most of the time it's just strictly comedy
Old 12-23-2010 at 02:48 PM   #18
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

p.s. your comment: "i'm a guy so that makes sense" ....I know a guy who watches those kinds of shows x| there are probably lots of guys who do. that's like saying "I don't like watching gundam... oh, but I'm a girl so that makes sense."
which is ridiculous by the way, considering the massive amount of girls who do watch gundam.
Old 12-23-2010 at 04:23 PM   #19
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
p.s. your comment: "i'm a guy so that makes sense" ....I know a guy who watches those kinds of shows x| there are probably lots of guys who do. that's like saying "I don't like watching gundam... oh, but I'm a girl so that makes sense."
which is ridiculous by the way, considering the massive amount of girls who do watch gundam.
I get what you're trying to say, but a show like Gundam is more complex and has more mass appeal than a show like Lucky Star which has an intended audience, of course this doesn't mean that a man can't enjoy the show, only that it is altogether less likely that they'll see the appeal in it. Hence my comment.

Don't take what i said as bashing of Lucky Star, im simply generalizing that MOST men don't enjoy that show.
Old 12-23-2010 at 04:31 PM   #20
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

tengenn toppa gurenn lagann is a must

anon491, Rebellion like this.
Old 12-23-2010 at 04:42 PM   #21
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

What's with all these shit tier Animes?

Fuck that 100+ episode shit

Old 12-23-2010 at 07:57 PM   #22
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

Hetalia! I'm also in the process of finishing Neon Genesis Evangelion...it's pretty good too.
Old 12-23-2010 at 09:41 PM   #23
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

Hey, just a question, but do you guys usually prefer listening to dubbed anime or the original audio with english subs?

Just a question, as i usually tend to listen to the original audio with eng subs, although i've never really tried watching an anime with English actors, i just assume that they will be cheap knockoffs of the original voice actors that don't correctly portray emphasis.

Just my opinion though :/
Old 12-23-2010 at 09:46 PM   #24
TheCrucible

Liked: 51 Times

I prefer original audio with English subs. English dubs tend to be poorly done, and they usually slightly change the meaning of what's being said just so the voice can fit the character's mouth movements.

There are some cases where English dubs are well done, however (e.g. I thought the Code Geass english dub was pretty decent, and the Cowboy Bebop dub was well done).
Old 12-23-2010 at 10:08 PM   #25
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattatmac View Post
Hey, just a question, but do you guys usually prefer listening to dubbed anime or the original audio with english subs?

Just a question, as i usually tend to listen to the original audio with eng subs, although i've never really tried watching an anime with English actors, i just assume that they will be cheap knockoffs of the original voice actors that don't correctly portray emphasis.

Just my opinion though :/
I like to multi-task while watching shows so I usually go for the dub unless it's absolutely horrible. GiTS:SAC, Cowboy Bebop, FMA, FMA:Brotherhood, Gundam 00, and Gundam Unicorn all come to mind as anime with amazing dubs.
Old 12-24-2010 at 12:23 AM   #26
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrucible View Post
I prefer original audio with English subs. English dubs tend to be poorly done, and they usually slightly change the meaning of what's being said just so the voice can fit the character's mouth movements.

There are some cases where English dubs are well done, however (e.g. I thought the Code Geass english dub was pretty decent, and the Cowboy Bebop dub was well done).
English dubs in hentai are hilarious.