MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Anthro 2g03 mizz.s. Academics 7 10-13-2010 10:11 PM
Anthro 2G03 on this week? Raeann89 Academics 5 10-11-2010 03:18 PM
Trade Anthro 1A03 2D for Anthro 1Z03 2E DFKMcDonough Academics 6 08-10-2010 05:18 PM
Health Sci 2G03 dacrown4life Academics 1 10-08-2009 11:57 PM
Trading Anthro 1A03 1D for Anthro 1A03 2E VoyozooT Academics 0 07-06-2009 01:00 PM

Anthro 2G03

Anthro 2G03
Indo-European Myths
Published by Anna M
11-12-2010
Published by

Author review
Overall Rating
100%100%100%
Professor Rating
100%100%100%
Interest
90%90%90%
Easiness
100%100%100%
Average 98%
Anthro 2G03

This course is one of the best courses I have taken at Mac so far! It has NO final exam and NO essays! Just 5 shorts tests on each of the myths you are going to learn! Each one is worth 20%!! These tests are relatively easy! If you are good at memorization, I HIGHLY recommend taking this course! EASY 12!!! You need one first year anthro course as a pre req though!!!! The professor for this class is Dr. Colarusso!!! hes one of my fav profs! really funny guy!

GOOD LUCK!!!
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Anthro 2G03!

Old 07-11-2011 at 12:35 PM   #2
kirbyking
Program: Biology
Year: Third

Liked: 0 Times
how are the readings for this course? thanks!
  Reply With Quote Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 09-14-2011 at 10:53 AM   #3
dabbuji
Program: Business
Year: First

This is a very easy course. There are 5 books that you have to read and the tests are based on that. All the books are fairly interesting. You just need 2 days to read the books and prepare for a test and that is basically nothing.
Old 09-20-2011 at 02:08 AM   #4
aa84
Year: First

What are the test formats? And are they difficult questions, asking specifics or more general things?

Old 10-04-2011 at 05:53 PM   #5
thanosgp
Program: Honours Sociology & Minor Psychology
Year: Second

When and where is the first test held?!?!?!
Old 12-09-2011 at 11:52 PM   #6
bozekp
Program: Life Science
Year: Second
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 2 Times
Anthropology 2G03 – This was one of the more interesting electives I took, however I always had an interest in mythology.

Professor Rating: My professor during the Fall 2011 course was Dr. Colarusso (pretty sure he’s the only one who teaches the course). He is a very laid-back and entertaining professor. His course-ware is incredibly well structured, and his lectures follow the course-ware to a T. At times he can be difficult to understand and there were a lot of problems with our lecture hall in TSH – B128.

The course consisted of 5 tests, worth 20% each. They were 50 M.C. questions, and were straight-forward questions. In addition, the tests were non-cumulative, so after each “unit,” you moved on to the next set of notes to memorize.

Easiness: This class was fairly easy due to the nature of myth. They were designed to be easily remembered and understood by the illiterate. That being said, there were 5 books to read on each separate set of myths: Norse, Russian, Irish, Greek and Indian. However, the professor provides you with everything you need to know in the custom course-ware so reading the supplementary material is optional and only facilitates the lecture material. If you give 2-3 nights of a few hours of studying the notes, getting a 12 in this course is fairly simple.

Overall rating: This is a wonderful elective, I highly recommend to anyone in any faculty, whether you’re looking for a C.A. booster or just filling in a requirement.
Old 12-28-2011 at 07:46 PM   #7
meddling
Program: Biology
Year: Alumni

Liked: 3 Times
Taken Fall 2011 with Colarusso

If you love mythology, this course will be like story time for you.

This course has 5, non-cumulative tests, each for 5 different Indo European corpus of myths (Norse, Russian, Irish, Greek, Indian), with the last test in the exam period.
  • enjoyable material, that you can easily recall. If you listen to his lectures and then spend some time reading/going over the text and the courseware, you should be good to go for the most part.
  • tests are all MC- most of them are pretty straightforward, a few can be tricky
  • the courseware is great- the prof basically summarizes all that he is going to say and ask on the test in it. The books are good supplementary material, that help you but all the information is in there.
  • due to the structure of this course, it is very easy to do well because you have several chances to make up your mark and there is no need to retain previous information.
  • the lectures are always enjoyable but i recommend sitting in the front to understand him better
  • the prof is knowledgeable and very easy going.

Highly recommended even if you have some interest in mythology, no need to have a background in anthropology or even humanities/ social sciences.
Old 06-18-2017 at 04:57 PM   #8
TheHound
Faculty: Science
Year: Third

Any updated reviews of this course?

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search