MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Course Pre-requisites erkaphant Academics 1 07-10-2013 08:15 PM
Courses saying you don't have the pre-requisites when you do? Pixel First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-27-2012 09:24 AM
Pre-requisites taken in Summer IonicBonds Academics 4 06-11-2012 05:41 PM
BIOCHEM 2EE3 requisites? iirynaa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-12-2010 12:21 PM
Help with registering course...You do not have the academic requisites for course: BI Porsche Academics 6 06-14-2010 01:24 PM

Anti Requisites

Old 08-17-2013 at 10:53 AM   #1
NicoleCook

Liked: 0 Times

Anti Requisites
I am going into second year in combined honours gerontology and health studies but am planning on switching into combined honours health studies and sociology for third year. However, I got granted seats into Sociology 2S06 and 2Z03 which are mandatory courses for Sociology, but Health Age 2A03 which is mandatory for my health studies degree is an anti requisite to the sociology 2Z03 course. I tried emailing the SocSci academic advisor and they haven't gotten back to me, and it is an inconvenience for me to see them in person because I am not in Hamilton for the summer.

Has anyone been in this dilemma before? Do you think I will be able to just take one Sociology 2S06 class and when I go to switch my program for third year, they will see I took the Health Age 2A03 class and will still allow me into the Sociology program and ignore I didn't take the Sociology 2Z03 class because they are anti requisites?

Thanks to everyone in advance!
Old 08-17-2013 at 03:06 PM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

That's how it should work, yes. If they're antirequisites, taking Soc. 2Z03 would mean you forfeit credit in Health Age 2A03. I would recommend calling the school just to be on the safe side. On another note, you could probably also take Soc. 2Z03 and it should "count" towards your Health Studies degree.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

NicoleCook says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.