I want to play a game... sniderj Gaming 17 01-06-2010 01:06 PM
RECESS: Come play! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 2 11-11-2009 08:42 AM

Any one play Minecraft?

Old 09-10-2010 at 03:18 PM   #1
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Any one play Minecraft?
And if you do, wanna get a multiplayer server up and running and play?

For those of you (which im guessing will be the majority) that dont know what minecraft is, its basically two games.

First there is the free version, which really is just a building simulator, just gives you a big world and you can build anything you want, so really, virtual lego

Then there is the paid version which is a survival game, where you gather resources by day, build structures etc. and by night you have to survive attacks and stuff like that.

All the worlds are randomly generated and are said to be three times the size of our earth.
Its great fun and still only in Alpha (so features are still being added and stuff)
Old 09-10-2010 at 04:02 PM   #2
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

This seems like a roughly appropriate place to ask: my brother is (or possibly already has) buying/bought the paid version. Can I use his version to play?
Old 09-10-2010 at 04:10 PM   #3
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

I guess so, since you are just paying for an account, so aslong as you both arent playing at the same time it should be possible

Marlowe says thanks to Yakattack for this post.
Old 09-10-2010 at 04:31 PM   #4
Marlowe
Elite Member

Awesome, I'd prefer to try it that way before actually buying it. Would it be kindof like playing someone else's Pokemon game though, or would I be able to "start my own game"?
Old 09-10-2010 at 04:36 PM   #5
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

hmm, well there are 5 "worlds" which are also known as save slots.

If you are using the same pc, just play a different world
If you are using a different pc, then I think there shouldnt actually be any worlds created yet

so its all fresh, since I think its saved pc side instead of the minecraft server side

Marlowe says thanks to Yakattack for this post.
Old 09-10-2010 at 05:15 PM   #6
Marlowe
Elite Member

Awesome, thanks! If/once I start playing, I'll shoot you a message :p My brother showed me videos it looks really awesome.
Old 09-18-2010 at 05:27 PM   #7
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Bought the game, and I love it.
Old 09-18-2010 at 05:45 PM   #8
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

"Until this all gets sorted out, I'm officially calling a 'free-to-play weekend,' or however long this will take to fix," says Notch. "You will need to have a paid account to play it later on when this gets fixed though."

So play minecraft while you can, free until he can fix the ability to pay for it
also have a multiplayer server up with a few friends, will post that up once i figure out some stuff

AnguishedEnd likes this.
Old 09-18-2010 at 05:53 PM   #9
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

I played the free version of singeplayer and I like it but it quickly became boring after a while.

Post up that server and I'll check it out. Survivor mode sounds a little more fun than just building lol.
Old 09-18-2010 at 05:58 PM   #10
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnguishedEnd View Post
I played the free version of singeplayer and I like it but it quickly became boring after a while.

Post up that server and I'll check it out. Survivor mode sounds a little more fun than just building lol.

Yeah the "free" creative version is just fun for messing around, the paid version is so much better since it was crafting, exploring and junk like that. Multiplayer isnt fleshed out yet, we need Notch to update it so that monsters can be in mulitplayer then its gonna be awesome.
Old 09-19-2010 at 12:13 PM   #11
jewfro9000

Liked: Liked 19 Times

oo people who play minecraft! exciting! I play as well
Old 09-19-2010 at 12:29 PM   #12
Jamalf

Liked: 49 Times

best game ever!!
Old 09-20-2010 at 07:37 AM   #13
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Monsters are available in multiplayer. Open your Server.Options up and change Monsters=false to True.

Warning: They are experimental. They die only with fire. CREEPERS EXPLODE INSTANTLY. DO NOT ENABLE MONSTERS UNLESS YOU ARE BORED. Trust me. I'd rather wait until he fixes monsters.
Old 09-20-2010 at 07:45 AM   #14
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

just discovered it two days ago.

As of now, it might be the cause of me not making it to third year. Soooooo freaking addictive!

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 09-20-2010 at 10:32 AM   #15
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
Monsters are available in multiplayer. Open your Server.Options up and change Monsters=false to True.

Warning: They are experimental. They die only with fire. CREEPERS EXPLODE INSTANTLY. DO NOT ENABLE MONSTERS UNLESS YOU ARE BORED. Trust me. I'd rather wait until he fixes monsters.
Yeah, also kinda sucks you cant farm, use water or kill animals in multiplayer yet either -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolean View Post
just discovered it two days ago.

As of now, it might be the cause of me not making it to third year. Soooooo freaking addictive!
Yeah, thankfully i started in the summer so I got a lot of the time consuming stuff out of the way

Oh and the server that I had kinda blew up on me yesterday . So yeah, ill try getting another one up and running when I can, this one only lasted a day or two and the mobo kinda died.