MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comparison of different Internet providers WeRunTheCity Computers & Tech 7 08-22-2012 09:15 AM
Best/Cheapest Internet Service Providers in Hamilton? InsideMINDS Computers & Tech 27 09-07-2011 08:32 AM
internet service providers bowlerman13 Computers & Tech 31 10-30-2010 06:05 AM
Internet Service Providers Deegs14 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 35 08-31-2010 11:14 AM
Internet providers discussion (which is cheapest/best?) feonateresa General Discussion 63 07-11-2009 06:26 PM

Any recommendations for cable providers in Hamilton?

Old 08-30-2012 at 10:48 PM   #1
guerilla

Liked: 33 Times

Any recommendations for cable providers in Hamilton?
Me and my room mate are looking for a decent cable service with no contracts and we would also prefer one that doesn't require digital receivers (unless you can rent them very cheap). Does anyone have any recommendations? All we could really find so far is Cogeco and Bell.
Old 08-31-2012 at 01:16 AM   #2
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

The problem is that Hamilton is split into regions, and the cable companies that serve hamilton (cogeco, source and shaw) each claim a region. Since cogeco has claim over much of the downtown, you probably won't be able to get anything other than them or bell (or maybe rogers) in the downtown unless you get a satellite receiver.
Old 08-31-2012 at 01:42 AM   #3
camelsrfun

Liked: 12 Times

I’ve never heard of more than one cable company serving a single region . Isn’t this common knowledge ? This is even the case in the USA.