MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
physics 1e03: have core 4, want core 2 any takers ?? Mike.yoh First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 01-06-2015 05:00 PM
Your drug of choice. lawleypop General Discussion 144 10-13-2009 06:24 PM
Free Choice in Engineering? A_L3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 11-18-2008 08:41 AM
Looking for an easy 1st level elective that has fewer core sections but some choice aviaf Academics 1 10-13-2008 03:15 PM

Any tips on getting into the core of your choice?

Old 01-12-2015 at 01:00 PM   #1
Chomps

Liked: 3 Times

Any tips on getting into the core of your choice?
Hey MI,

I was wondering if anyone knew any tips or tricks (or macros) on getting into the core of your choice.

I'm trying to get into Dr. Brocks core in 1AA3, but its been full for a while now.

While we're on the topic, does anyone have tips of their own in succeeding in this course?

Thanks
Old 01-12-2015 at 02:06 PM   #2
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

If there are no in class quizzes or attendance marks, just go to the core section for lectures that you prefer.
If there are in-class attendance or quiz marks, you will have to attend your own core section at least on those specific days. If the profs dont announce quizzes/attendance mark days well in advance than you will just have to wait in hopes of someone switching.
You could always contact your academic advisor even though the course is full. If your reason for wanting to the core change is valid enough, the AA may create an additional space in the class for you.
Old 01-12-2015 at 03:36 PM   #3
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

LOL Are you talking about core 2? It opened up at 11pm last night and i was able to switch in! Just keep checking solar like every hour.

4:36PM: Core 2 is still open right now.
Old 01-12-2015 at 04:39 PM   #4
Chomps

@2Dream
There are iClicker questions I believe.. and the AA can't do anything, it's up to Dr. Landry.

Unfortunately, when I asked him if I could be placed in Dr. Brock's core, he put me in an alternate core with less people in it.

@Imperious
No, I am talking about Dr. Brock's lecture, C03.
Old 01-12-2015 at 04:46 PM   #5
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Ahh if there are iClicker questions then you definitely have to attend regular lectures.
What is your reason for wanting to switch cores? If it is just to avoid a prof then we can end this conversation here haha
Old 01-12-2015 at 05:17 PM   #6
Chomps

I've had Dr. Brock before and he was very pleasant. (Although Dr. Lock is also a favourite to many people)

Also I want the evening class to make my timetable have less gaps (C01 introduces 3 1-hour gaps, which in the past have proven to be unproductive )
Old 01-12-2015 at 06:33 PM   #7
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

Brock teaches core 2 and 3. I just switched out of core 3 last night. And core 3 has never been full (until today)... core 2 which is Brock's day class has been full since december
Old 01-12-2015 at 08:16 PM   #8
Chomps

My schedule doesn't work with C02, but luckily I just got into C03.

(TY ppl dropping stuff at last minute!)