MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any1 interested in Fingerstyle? Koming Music 23 09-06-2010 10:28 PM
any1 having the same problem? strawbrryjam Academics 2 08-09-2010 05:40 PM
Java Download - CompSci 1MD3 Melanieee Academics 8 09-20-2009 07:38 PM
OSAP amount!!..help!1 any1 got more than $11,700 ?? endearing66 Academics 118 07-16-2009 01:10 PM

Any1 Know The Book For Compsci 1ba3?

Old 09-20-2010 at 08:42 PM   #1
phantasyyy

Liked: 1 Time

Any1 Know The Book For Compsci 1ba3?
Hi Need To Know What Text Book I Need
Old 09-20-2010 at 09:22 PM   #2
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Its a package, should see it in titles. The book itself is made up from a lot of different books
Old 09-21-2010 at 09:59 PM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Actually, tomorrow night all of the first-year books are going to be moved to the Tank...if you go during the day they should still be in Titles though.
Check the website if you want to know the exact name of the package.
Old 09-21-2010 at 10:36 PM   #4
sayok8737

Liked: 7 Times

it's custom courseware! it doesn't look like the regular spiral binded CCW though! its like a legit textbook haha! its expensive, unfortunately, 125$! but the prof said that you need it and he 'doesn't see how you can pass without having the textbook.'

Old 09-21-2010 at 10:49 PM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayok8737 View Post
it's custom courseware! it doesn't look like the regular spiral binded CCW though! its like a legit textbook haha! its expensive, unfortunately, 125$! but the prof said that you need it and he 'doesn't see how you can pass without having the textbook.'

Doesn't CompSci 1BA3 have both a textbook and a courseware?
Old 09-21-2010 at 10:50 PM   #6
sayok8737

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Doesn't CompSci 1BA3 have both a textbook and a courseware?
hmm not this term! :S there was only one book to buy and it was the CCW, it also came with 4 "coursecards" lol!
Old 09-21-2010 at 11:21 PM   #7
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
hmm not this term! :S there was only one book to buy and it was the CCW, it also came with 4 "coursecards" lol!
Ohhh, I checked the Titles website...that isn't custom courseware. CCW is entirely different and doesn't actually come from a specific publisher...the 1BA3 package comes from Nelson. Packages of books aren't CCW. I was confused because I work at Titles and I know for sure we have a textbook package for that course--I didn't remember a CCW, but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't one, which is why I checked

CCW is something that the prof puts together themselves--depending on the course, it can be a compilation of chapters & stuff from a bunch of books, or it can be a lab manual or something they've written themselves. CCW usually all have the same cover page, with just the prof's name/course name to differentiate them, and they're usually not part of a package like that.
Old 09-22-2010 at 07:03 AM   #8
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Ohhh, I checked the Titles website...that isn't custom courseware. CCW is entirely different and doesn't actually come from a specific publisher...the 1BA3 package comes from Nelson. Packages of books aren't CCW. I was confused because I work at Titles and I know for sure we have a textbook package for that course--I didn't remember a CCW, but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't one, which is why I checked

CCW is something that the prof puts together themselves--depending on the course, it can be a compilation of chapters & stuff from a bunch of books, or it can be a lab manual or something they've written themselves. CCW usually all have the same cover page, with just the prof's name/course name to differentiate them, and they're usually not part of a package like that.
It actually is CCW, since the pages sometimes jump from 88 to 135, starts on page 59 to 106 then jumps to something else and has multiple page 80's and stuff

I think the prof just went through the textbook company because its also the only textbook I have that has McMaster written on it
Old 09-22-2010 at 04:02 PM   #9
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakattack View Post
It actually is CCW, since the pages sometimes jump from 88 to 135, starts on page 59 to 106 then jumps to something else and has multiple page 80's and stuff

I think the prof just went through the textbook company because its also the only textbook I have that has McMaster written on it
Some textbooks are printed directly in the bookstore and have the Mac logo on them--CompSci 1BA3 might be one of them. Also, the bio 1A03/1M03 books say McMaster on them (even though they're not printed in Titles), because the books were a custom edition made specifically for Mac through cooperation between the authors and Dr Kajiura--it's still a textbook and not CCW though. It doesn't make a huge difference what it is, except with CCW you can't return it. You can definitely return the CompSci 1BA3 books.
Old 09-22-2010 at 04:22 PM   #10
sayok8737

Quote:
Some textbooks are printed directly in the bookstore and have the Mac logo on them--CompSci 1BA3 might be one of them. Also, the bio 1A03/1M03 books say McMaster on them (even though they're not printed in Titles), because the books were a custom edition made specifically for Mac through cooperation between the authors and Dr Kajiura--it's still a textbook and not CCW though. It doesn't make a huge difference what it is, except with CCW you can't return it. You can definitely return the CompSci 1BA3 books.
lol hmm i asked a titles person when i was there and they also said it was CCW :S

but she also did say that if it was still packaged i could return it! :S i was SUPER confuseddd!!!!!
Old 09-22-2010 at 04:30 PM   #11
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
lol hmm i asked a titles person when i was there and they also said it was CCW :S

but she also did say that if it was still packaged i could return it! :S i was SUPER confuseddd!!!!!
If you can return it, it's not CCW Maybe the person meant it was custom-made for Mac? (I don't actually know if it is or not, but based on what you've told me it sounds like it was).