MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Social Work 1A06 katie_batt 1st Year Course Reviews 11 07-19-2013 08:12 PM
Social Work 1A06 bpreo Academics 1 09-10-2010 11:10 AM
Social Work 1a06? mel89 Academics 1 06-28-2010 09:47 PM

Anyone in 2nd or higher years of Social Work?

Old 02-04-2010 at 06:53 PM   #1
Ansa

Liked: 1 Time

Anyone in 2nd or higher years of Social Work?
I was just wondering if there's anyone here in higher years of Social Work, other than first?

If so, you must have done the test and is there any tips or anything you could give me?

Thanks

sljl16 likes this.
Old 02-10-2010 at 07:14 PM   #2
sljl16

Liked: 0 Times

I approve of this question because I had the same one. (I'm a first year SoWo student as well)

Still, I don't think anyone that took the exam is actually allowed to tell us anything, no matter how helpful it would be to us. Breaks rules and all that...

I've heard from a lot of people that there's no real studying that you can do for this exam; it's not really facts so much as it is a sort of personality exam.. A "what would you do for this person in this situation?" kind of thing. (At least that's what I've heard, so if I'm wrong it's because they're wrong)

One of the guidance counselors in KTH told me that you just need to look at every question from an anti-oppressive point of view. That's probably the most helpful answer I've gotten from anyone...
Old 02-10-2010 at 09:21 PM   #3
Ansa

Liked: 1 Time

Ooh thanks! that sounds reasonable
but actually I emailed one of the social work assistances and they told me the full format of the exam. It's 3 essay questions, the first is a general question asking about our personality and the other two are most likely case scenarios.
Hopefully it's not that bad, but I still think it involves studying unlike what I hear from most people. It might be DIFFICULT to study for but I am sure there's some preparation involved.
Well good luck to both of us!

sljl16 says thanks to Ansa for this post.
Old 02-11-2010 at 12:48 PM   #4
sljl16

Liked: 0 Times

Ansa, you're my hero Thanks for the info, and yes, good luck.