MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grade Reports meklia Academics 3 06-06-2010 05:01 PM
Grade Reports meklia Academics 1 06-02-2010 08:04 PM
Grade Reports meklia Academics 3 05-31-2010 03:46 PM
Picketing Will Happen Monday - Here's the Protocol lorend MacInsiders Announcements 25 11-02-2009 11:12 AM
what will happen if I fail one elective course hellrise00 Academics 3 05-08-2009 07:36 PM

Anyone happen to know anything about credit reports? etc.

Old 08-15-2009 at 08:47 AM   #1
Greco

Liked: 18 Times

Anyone happen to know anything about credit reports? etc.
So I just got my 2nd credit report from Transunion. The first one I got 6 months ago had a BIG error on it. It was relating to my Best Buy account. I had paid it in full, and they somehow messed up my payments and wrote it as a collection charge-off. I called them, got that "corrected" they sent me a letter stating the account was in fact paid in full, and they had told me over the phone they'd correct it on my credit report. Well, they didn't.

The collection charge-off is still on my record, and they've now put my account with them as "derogatory" Status: debt collection/skip, payments: bad. They also failed to put it's paid in full, instead they have it written my payments are $0/month. ???

The rest of my report is fine. I have Two Rogers accounts, 1 which was closed recently (cable), good payment status. 1 still open (my cell), OSAP, Two credit cards, all in good standing.

The mistake Best Buy made has caused my credit score to go down to 548. :| that's disgusting. The credit bureau also has my age wrong by two years, my address and previous addresses wrong, and my last name wrong. Awesome.

How do I get this huge mistake with Best Buy fixed? & if it doesn't get fixed, how long before my credit improves? I'm not so worried now as i'm still in school, but i'll be graduating next December and i'd like to think i'll be able to lease or finance a new car, get a place for myself, etc.
Old 08-15-2009 at 08:55 AM   #2
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Geez with all that incorrect information I'd be starting to think its not even my credit report and there's something seriously messed up.
Old 08-15-2009 at 10:25 AM   #3
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

After looking into Transunion, hoping to find some bit of advice I couldn't really see anything. :\

My suggestions are that you make sure this is indeed your Best Buy account being refered to. If your name and birthdate are wrong (which are important pieces of ID to access your credit right?) then you may simply have someone else's ugly tab stapled to your sheet.

It could be that your account is fine, but by some sheer stroke of bad luck, someone with the erroneous name/birthdate fixed to you, has a really bad relationship with Best Buy. (Doesn't it take 6 months to declare a 'charge-off' ?)

Honestly, who smiles like this when viewing their credit reports? I don't even smile that much when I dream about winning the lottary:

Old 08-15-2009 at 11:26 AM   #4
Greco

Liked: 18 Times

^ LMAO, agreed. I'm definately not smiling right now.

It actually in in fact my Best Buy account. I've been in contact with them for the past 7 months. Like stated above, when I got my first report I discovered the big error from Best Buy, which is actually Wells Fargo (that's their financing company). Since then i've been talking to them way too many times in the effort to fix this mistake. It's totally rewened my credit, I can't even qualify for a lowsy $500 student credit card. I'm going to call them first thing monday morning and give them a peice of my mind.