MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To fail, or not to fail? That is the question... sniderj Academics 13 04-22-2010 06:09 PM
Fail, Fail, Fail??? nikJ Academics 1 01-03-2010 01:52 AM
Picketing Will Happen Monday - Here's the Protocol lorend MacInsiders Announcements 25 11-02-2009 11:12 AM
fail?? nikJ Academics 5 10-26-2009 09:05 PM
Anyone happen to know anything about credit reports? etc. Greco General Discussion 3 08-15-2009 11:26 AM

what will happen if I fail one elective course

Old 05-08-2009 at 10:24 AM   #1
hellrise00

Liked: 0 Times

what will happen if I fail one elective course
I am in first engineering now
I dropped 2 course(physic and chemistry) and 1 elective course in first semester.
I fail one elective course in second semester.
Everything else I pass(I got avg 4.2 if I only count passing course).
I am wondering what will happen my case.
Can I continue university or do I have to wait university decision???
engineering I office close end of may. I have no one to ask.
plz.. help me

Last edited by hellrise00 : 05-08-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-08-2009 at 05:22 PM   #2
ericvan1

Liked: 1 Time

Pretty sure you need to complete all the required core courses before September with a 4.0 avg. As for the electives you can get into second year without them. You need to take the core courses you dropped. The chem and physics. I think the cutoff to sign up for term 1 summer courses was Fri. May 8th, so if you want to take summer courses, you'd better get in touch with registrars office ASAP. Also, get talking to Engineering office, to figure out your options.

Last edited by ericvan1 : 05-08-2009 at 05:26 PM.

hellrise00 says thanks to ericvan1 for this post.
Old 05-08-2009 at 06:53 PM   #3
hellrise00

Liked: 0 Times

ericvan1// So you are saying that
As long as I pass chem and physic at summer course./,
The university doen't kick me out or I don't need to transfer to any other program because of I fail one elective course.
am I understand correctly????
What I know that there is limitation of dropping and failure course continuing any second year program.

Last edited by hellrise00 : 05-08-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-08-2009 at 07:36 PM   #4
ericvan1

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrise00 View Post
ericvan1// So you are saying that
As long as I pass chem and physic at summer course./,
The university doen't kick me out or I don't need to transfer to any other program because of I fail one elective course.
am I understand correctly????
B.Eng., B.A.Sc. Programs: To be admitted to a Level II Engineering program, you must have completed all non-elective Engineering I courses with a minimum CA of 4.0.

CHEM 1E03, ENGINEER 1C03, 1D04, 1P03, MATLS 1M03, MATH 1Z04, 1ZZ5, PHYSICS 1D03, 1E03

So if chem and physics are the only core courses you need, you need to take them this summer in order to make it to 2nd year in september. As for being kicked out, you should really talk to someone in the Registrars Office, or Sally Williams, or Engineering Student Services to get 'for sure' answers.

*You do not need to take any electives in 1st year to move onto 2nd year but you will need to finish these courses before you graduate. Most people take them 1st year to raise their average.

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calen...08/sec_189.htm

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calen...08/sec_121.htm

Last edited by ericvan1 : 05-08-2009 at 07:39 PM.

hellrise00 says thanks to ericvan1 for this post.