Unlock Portal 2 Faster! ShadowPlay Gaming 2 04-15-2011 12:15 PM
unlock Guitar Hero II marauderlove General Discussion 0 05-01-2008 03:17 PM

Anyone know where to unlock iphone 4?

Old 01-21-2012 at 10:48 AM   #1
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

Anyone know where to unlock iphone 4?
I don't want to jailbreak my iphone 4 and I was wondering what the is best method right now to get the iphone 4 ios 5.0.1 unlocked. I'm kind of running out of options right now and there are no third party services that can unlock it for you. I tried going to a place where they could unlock phones but the guy said my version was too high. So I'm out of luck, anyone know anything else I could do? I'm switching carriers and the phone must be unlocked.
Old 01-21-2012 at 11:10 AM   #2
MacNeuro

Liked: 76 Times

Gevey Sim
I believe a gevey sim should work.
If it doesn't the only option you would have is to sell your phone and buy and iphone that is unlocked to your network.
Old 01-21-2012 at 01:55 PM   #3
yoni

Liked: 87 Times

why not just jailbreak it? or like, jailbreak it, downgrade the version, take off the jailbreak, and get it unlocked? a good google session should tell you if that's possible or not.
Old 01-21-2012 at 03:48 PM   #4
AlanM

Liked: 0 Times

To my current knowledge ios 5.0.1 cannot be unlocked yet
Old 01-21-2012 at 08:37 PM   #5
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by phavalan View Post
I believe a gevey sim should work.
If it doesn't the only option you would have is to sell your phone and buy and iphone that is unlocked to your network.
Gevey SIM doesn't work with baseband 4.11.08, which is the baseband that comes with iOS 5.0. Unless the phone was updated to iOS 5 using a baseband preserving utility such as sn0wbreeze, and is still on an older baseband that the Gevey is able to unlock, then the Gevey will not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni View Post
why not just jailbreak it? or like, jailbreak it, downgrade the version, take off the jailbreak, and get it unlocked? a good google session should tell you if that's possible or not.
The normal ultrasn0w software unlock does not work with baseband 4.11.08, like I said above. It is only possible to downgrade your iOS version if you have the blobs (firmware images) of the prior version saved, and it doesn't sound like this person does. And in any case, downgrading the iOS version does not downgrade the baseband along with it.
Old 01-22-2012 at 01:02 AM   #6
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

gevey sim doesn't work on the latest software or any 5.0 software in fact i believe. also, you HAVE TO jailbreak your iPhone to unlock it, that's just how it works. you're pretty much out of luck because of your software version unless you find a way to downgrade. otherwise, keep waiting till newer softwares are launched and don't update your software, and eventually the unlocking software will catch up to ur software (but tbh, won't be anytime soon)

Last edited by MacAttk : 01-22-2012 at 01:03 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-22-2012 at 09:29 AM   #7
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
gevey sim doesn't work on the latest software or any 5.0 software in fact i believe. also, you HAVE TO jailbreak your iPhone to unlock it, that's just how it works. you're pretty much out of luck because of your software version unless you find a way to downgrade. otherwise, keep waiting till newer softwares are launched and don't update your software, and eventually the unlocking software will catch up to ur software (but tbh, won't be anytime soon)
The Gevey SIM didn't require a jailbreak, and it's also possible for carriers to unlock the phones as well (though not all of them are willing to do it for you). There is no way to downgrade the baseband. Gevey is working on a solution and if they find a way to unlock the newest basebands, then of course that will become an option again.

In the meantime there's no way to unlock your phone. You might want to try using a baseband preserving utility like sn0wbreeze and create custom IPSWs if/when you update your iOS version. This will preserve your current baseband. That way, if the 4.11.08 baseband gets unlocked later on, then you are still on it and can unlock the phone. If an unlock comes out for another baseband that comes out in the future, then you can just upgrade your iOS normally, which will include the new baseband with it, and then unlock it after that.