MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking Math 1B03 before 1LS3 vvndn First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-08-2011 06:05 PM
notes BIO2B03/2A03 MATH 1AA3 ECON 1B03 collieee Academics 0 01-04-2009 04:45 PM
If taking Econ 1B03 this term, please read amit Academics 5 10-06-2008 11:07 PM

Anyone taking MATH 1B03 OR ECON 1B03 right now?

Old 11-06-2011 at 06:33 AM   #1
Aeria

Liked: 9 Times

Anyone taking MATH 1B03 OR ECON 1B03 right now?
If you are taking anyone of these courses right now...what do you like and not like about the course?

MATH 1B03: Heard the projects are time consuming and a little difficult

ECON 1B03: Heard that the material is easy but that the tests were killer. Supposedly the midterm was very very hard (heard it from a friend)

Are you happy with your choice to pick these electives or is it something you regret?

I've looked at course reviews by the way...just want to see if any current students can provide input.

Old 11-06-2011 at 07:15 AM   #2
kaitotst

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeria View Post
If you are taking anyone of these courses right now...what do you like and not like about the course?

MATH 1B03: Heard the projects are time consuming and a little difficult

ECON 1B03: Heard that the material is easy but that the tests were killer. Supposedly the midterm was very very hard (heard it from a friend)

Are you happy with your choice to pick these electives or is it something you regret?

I've looked at course reviews by the way...just want to see if any current students can provide input.

Math 1B03 is probly one of my easier courses... the stuff is definitely easier than Math 1A03 or any bio or chem course you'll take. The project wasn't too tough, but other than that component of the course, the course itself isn't that bad. the midterm was fair, you'd have the potential to do really well if you studied 4-5 days (or less) before, since the content for every midterm is pretty short (depends on how you study). just don't leave it til the last minute

Aeria says thanks to kaitotst for this post.
Old 11-06-2011 at 08:42 AM   #3
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeria View Post
Both first year Econs are pretty much the first things that come to mind when people ask about bird courses. For years.

The number of people who actually find it difficult is generally pretty small (unless Holmes suddenly decided to revamp the course or something).

Aeria says thanks to JEFF_CHAN for this post.
Old 11-06-2011 at 12:30 PM   #4
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Econ is easy IF you study and do your shit. If you dont know what you are doing, like any other course you are gonna do poorly. The thing with econ, imo is its really boring, but the stuff you learn is actually quite applicable no matter what program you are in.

Edit: I have no business background whatsoever and its going fine (got 95 on the first midterm) id recommend it

Aeria says thanks to Philipp31 for this post.
Old 11-06-2011 at 12:36 PM   #5
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I like Math 1B03. I'm taking it this term, and if you do all the sums, it's pretty okay. In the words of Prof. McClean "The thing I like about this course is we think INSIDE the box!"

Aeria says thanks to Faer for this post.
Old 11-06-2011 at 12:43 PM   #6
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

I'm taking Econ 1B03 this term. The material is fairly straightforward as long as you put in the time to understand the material and do practice questions. The first test was really fair, I also got 95% on it.

Aeria says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 11-06-2011 at 01:47 PM   #7
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

econ is one of easiest courses to get a 12 in

Aeria says thanks to Silver for this post.
Old 11-06-2011 at 05:43 PM   #8
lolidunno

Liked: 12 Times

anyone know what was the class average for the math 1b03 test 1? i heard a lot of people did poorly
Old 11-06-2011 at 05:57 PM   #9
Differential

Liked: 20 Times

avg for math 1b03 midterm was 72%

Faer says thanks to Differential for this post.
Old 11-06-2011 at 05:59 PM   #10
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I didn't know that...that's awesome!