MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Courses on Avenue Pay919 Academics 9 09-08-2010 08:52 PM
Avenue to Learn polo Academics 7 08-29-2010 07:19 PM
Problem with Avenue!! HanSungJun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 08-28-2010 10:47 PM
avenue cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 08-08-2010 08:15 PM
Avenue to Learn Matt Wright MacInsiders Announcements 24 06-04-2010 01:47 PM

Anyone think Avenue will become like ELM?

Old 09-12-2010 at 12:11 PM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by farid View Post
Although I like the fact that Avenue is not crashing, am I the only one that misses ELM's layout? It was much better having lectures and lab manuals organized in folders rather than what Avenue is doing with the big list. It feels like its gonna get messy in a few weeks and hard to find stuff.

And the discussion part of ELM was great, while it seems like Avenue's discussion sucks...

I miss ELM.
You should talk to your professor about that. My courses are organized by lecture, lab, articles and tutorials. You can hide categories using the "-" sign and expand other using the "+" sign.
Old 09-12-2010 at 07:25 PM   #17
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by farid View Post
Although I like the fact that Avenue is not crashing, am I the only one that misses ELM's layout? It was much better having lectures and lab manuals organized in folders rather than what Avenue is doing with the big list. It feels like its gonna get messy in a few weeks and hard to find stuff.

And the discussion part of ELM was great, while it seems like Avenue's discussion sucks...

I miss ELM.
Now that you mention it, I did like the way the discussion was set up on ELM. But then again, when they revamp, they revamp everything. Be it for better or worse.
Old 09-12-2010 at 07:47 PM   #18
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Yeah my courses also have the "+" and "-" navigation, but it's not the same eye candy that ELM had. But overall, I guess its nicer. No more missing announcements due to ELM crashing when the pop-up was activated and then not showing up when you reload!
Old 09-23-2010 at 10:47 PM   #19
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Did you know you can forward your emails on Avenue to your Mac account?

and then forward your Mac account emails to your personal email address, because apparently Avenue doesn't support forwarding to any emails outside McMaster.

Follow the link in my sig to forward your MUSS email to your personal email address.

and go to "Settings" > "Email" in Ave to forward email to your MUSS email.

xxsumz says thanks to Afzal for this post.
Old 09-23-2010 at 10:49 PM   #20
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
Did you know you can forward your emails on Avenue to your Mac account?

and then forward your Mac account emails to your personal email address, because apparently Avenue doesn't support forwarding to any emails outside McMaster.

Follow the link in my sig to forward your MUSS email to your personal email address.

and go to "Settings" > "Email" in Ave to forward email to your MUSS email.
Woah, awesome. Thanks
Old 09-24-2010 at 07:44 PM   #21
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene View Post
It seems the math department doesn't want to give Avenue a shot, seeing the profs uses the math department website instead of Avenue (math 1b03 and 2k03)
Same for Stats 2B03 and Math 1Z

Awww, they're scared.
Old 09-24-2010 at 08:37 PM   #22
doug

Liked: 82 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHEDDENITE View Post
avenue seems to be the champ here
Avenue is a champion.

Afzal likes this.
Old 09-24-2010 at 08:58 PM   #23
Leeoku