MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best way to sell Textbooks?!?! lux Academics 10 05-09-2010 04:31 AM
Buy & Sell Textbooks on MI Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-04-2010 01:15 PM

Anywhere they sell mouse traps in Hamilton?

Old 10-06-2009 at 03:04 PM   #16
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I know you'll do the right thing JC.

XD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-06-2009 at 03:37 PM   #17
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Releasing the mice into a forested area will kill them anyways. They don't know how to find food or generally survive since they were born and learned to survive in an urban area. You may not want to kill animals, but you're doing it anyways, even if you don't realize that you are.

I'm sorry, but I've been working for Orkin pest control for 3 years now... the methods I've described are the most effective way to control mice. Any other method will be less effective.
I live right beside a huge wooded area, which is where the mice come from. So unless they have been breeding in my house for generations, I really don't think they would have trouble surviving outside. There's no "urban area" around here for them to live - other than under my sink. So please don't tell me I'm killing animals.

If someone has recently discovered a mouse in their house, it must not have been there long. Which means it must have lived outside at one point. Which means it will probably be able to live out there again.
Old 10-06-2009 at 04:11 PM   #18
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I live right beside a huge wooded area, which is where the mice come from. So unless they have been breeding in my house for generations, I really don't think they would have trouble surviving outside. There's no "urban area" around here for them to live - other than under my sink. So please don't tell me I'm killing animals.

If someone has recently discovered a mouse in their house, it must not have been there long. Which means it must have lived outside at one point. Which means it will probably be able to live out there again.
While it's certainly possible for mice and other rodents to come inside randomly, most houses in urban areas (which is what we're talking about by the way) already have rodents living in them (especially mice). I've already stated this in my previous posts. Most people don't notice them because they tend to live in the outside portion of walls and in basements and they tend to make nests inside and live/forage outside. The reason that mice are in virtually every home is that mice can squeeze themselves through cracks or holes that are the width of a nickel. There's almost nothing we can do to stop them.

You very well may be an exception, but for the average person, removing an animal from the urban environment it's used to and placing it in a different territory is likely to kill it. There's a reason why I can be fined over $100 000 every time I catch and remove animals for my job... I need to make sure they're kept inside their territory.

Last edited by Taunton : 10-06-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2009 at 04:17 PM   #19
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiris View Post
For the rodentcide, I've heard poisoning might have more of a risk that they might die in your walls though, if that's an area where they're living/traveling.
Yes, this is a possibility. Fortunately, mice are tiny and they tend not to smell all that much when they die. It's possible to notice (especially if a lot of them die in your walls) but for the average handful of mice, most will die outside and the occasional one that dies in the wall won't be noticable.