MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
ipod touch vs. ipod video **jewel 03** Computers & Tech 11 06-08-2010 06:20 PM
Mac Promotion Ending Soon - Free iPod Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-28-2008 03:49 PM
Ipod Touch myster General Discussion 3 06-22-2008 08:49 PM

Apple Promotion - Free iPod Touch

Apple Promotion - Free iPod Touch!

By CHAD FULLERTON, MACINSIDERS

It's back! Apple has just announced the biggest promotion of the year - the Back-to-School offer for University Students. Starting today through September 15th, eligible University members can get a FREE iPod touch or iPod nano with purchase of select new Mac models. This offer is available at the Apple Store for Education.

We've covered Mac vs. PC's before in previous articles, and in laptop discussions. Each have their advantages, but if you're planning on getting a Mac for September when you come to McMaster, now is the time to buy! Let's break down the deal. First, all McMaster students get up to $200 off with the Mac education discount that is always available, plus the savings of up to $100 off select printers with purchase of a Mac and with this promotion you get free shipping in Canada when you buy online (plus when you buy online you get free engraving)! But then to top it off, during this Back-to-School deal you also get a free iPod Touch (which retails for $320). That's quite a deal!

Update: User 'Gurleen' has called up Apple and confirmed that with this deal you can end up getting the MacBook laptop, printer, and an iPod Touch, with FREE shipping for a total of $1249. Be sure to purchase through this link and you'll be helping credit MacInsiders as an affiliate, providing us with funding that will go back into the club.

I would recommend purchasing online as Apple ships out orders much quicker and does so directly to your address instead of having to pick it up at a reseller (I learned this when I bought my iMac last year). However, you can also order through MacMicro located in Titles Bookstore.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 06-10-2008 at 07:03 PM   #2
Gurleen

Liked: 0 Times
Hey!

I'm looking forward to getting a MacBook before I come to Mac in Sept. You mentioned that you can get $100 off on select printers...I'm assuming thats a main-in rebate.
SO, does that mean I can get my laptop with a free iPod Touch (with main in rebate), and esentially, a free printer (if the printer is less than $100)?
If so do, does this this offer last until Sept 15?

Old 06-10-2008 at 07:43 PM   #3
joset2

yes gurleen, my buddy jus brought one yesterday......she loves it.....

Old 06-10-2008 at 09:05 PM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
I'm not sure how long the $100 off a printer deal is going to last, so I would buy as soon as possible to ensure you get the deal. Remember... a lot of people will be ordering macbooks in August when it comes close to September (parents buying their kids a macbook, upper years buying macbooks to convert from pc, etc. etc.) so it will take much longer to ship if they are in high demand. If you order now when most people aren't think about laptops for school yet... then you'll get one much quicker

You'll want to have your macid and student number before you order so you can get that university student discount, and then the free ipod touch comes with your order (and right now its free shipping in canada too). The printer deal I'm not sure how it works, it may be an online instant rebate..or could be mail in.

Old 06-10-2008 at 09:17 PM   #5
Gurleen

Hey!
I actually had already got a quote from Apple, so I called them up to see if I could combine the promotions, and the lady I spoke to said I could. So I'm pretty much only paying $1249 for a laptop, printer, and iPod Touch. Its a great deal, and she said you just go online after you order, and register for the rebate. Then, I should recieve my rebate within (approx.) 3 days! And yes I will definately make sure I order ASAP because she mentioned every product is based on a first come, first served basis.

Its a pretty sweet deal for anyone who is interested!

Old 06-10-2008 at 09:39 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Ya, $1249 for all that is a STEAL!

When you're going to buy, be sure to click on the banner in this article or go through this link, as it gives MacInsiders an affiliate credit that will help go back into funding our club.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search