MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re-applying to a program smile Academics 4 08-16-2010 05:39 PM
Applying to Co-Op Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-29-2010 02:35 PM
Anyone else applying to grad school this year? Kathy2 Academics 4 12-23-2009 12:25 PM
interested in applying to med school? Wanna get a head start over other applicants? MSHI General Discussion 0 03-12-2009 02:15 PM
Applying for a JOB!!! ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-17-2008 09:22 PM

Applying for Vet School

Old 01-29-2010 at 09:27 PM   #16
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

in my year, the tests were 50 minutes long - BRUTAL - no time to finish! and the exam was brutally hard - that course is my biggest regret.

but i'm glad its better now
Old 02-02-2010 at 03:48 AM   #17
C. Nardo

Liked: 2 Times

hey!
sorry to come to the discussion late i just wanted to reiterate what someone said earlier about volunteering. A friend of mine applied and the only reason she didnt get it was because it was between her and someone else, and she lacked large animal experience that the other person had. so even if you dont want to go into large animal, make sure you have SOME form of volunteering! i also work at a vets office and the vet said everything she ever learned re surgery was getting hands on experience volunteering once you get accepted . so just a heads up on that.

as well, this year the interview process has changed for OVC. It use to be one interview but now they have changed it so it is like mac- mini interviews. heads up on this: be prepared for anything. i dislike this change because mac mini interviews were specifically designed FOR mac med school but i guess this is a change they have implemented for one reason or another.

I would also suggest taking your MCATS this summer. if you are in first yr you will not regret this, because if you only do mediocre, you can improve your mark by writing in your summer of second year. just a thought, to give you more time to do the best you can!

I was at the OVMA conference on friday and it was awesome ! im applying to vet school too but in the states because i dislike guelph.