MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
McMaster ER will be Children-only as of April 4th J-Met MacInsiders Announcements 1 03-30-2011 01:57 PM
University Medical Center bus stop Halsinger General Discussion 3 09-11-2009 08:46 AM

April 4 2011 McMaster University Medical Centre transitioning to children only ER

Old 03-29-2011 at 10:50 PM   #30
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I realize in my previous post I said 'uncleanness'... I meant unclearnes
I don't think you did.

Rakim likes this.

Old 03-30-2011 at 02:57 PM   #31
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times
Wow, this is the worse idea I have ever heard.
Not only is this downright just ****ing batshit STUPID, but it will have a dire effect on the many residents who relocated by the hospital for the sole purpose of being closer to a hospital.

Converting it into a "specialized" hostpital to better Hamilton seems like a thine veil of disguise of bullshit to cover up their plans to save money, which will result in the loss of lives.
Not to mention, alot of the people SURROUNDING the hospital are 18+.

All those who keep thinking this is about the students... well, think outside the box and stop being selfish. There are many people who live around the hospital who are not McMaster students.

Afzal likes this.

Old 03-30-2011 at 04:16 PM   #32
AlexBatt

Liked: 62 Times
I feel like its more of an issue of us being spoiled into thinking we have to have a hospital. Like someone mentioned earlier, many universities have to travel further distances.

even in your hometowns, im sure a medical centre was not a 5 minute walk in most cases. So the adjustment wont be difficult.

Old 03-30-2011 at 04:49 PM   #33
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times
umm i sort of dont mind that its transitioning into a pediatric only hospital, that way they can really focus on one aspect and aim to better their treatment. but then again it sucks for uni students, especially those without cars, cus how are you going to get to one of the other hosptals which are relatively far from here if u need emergency attention but dont have a car. i guess you could call the ambulance, but if its something not that serious, still..........

i liked the thought of having an on campus hospital, actually that was one of those bullets in the "why you should come to mac" speech most of my friends and other randoms gave me when i asked them about the benefits. oh well i guess ill have to cross that off the list now

Old 03-30-2011 at 05:47 PM   #34
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times
I'm being ENCOURAGED to attend the other ER's? OHHHH YAY! Let's do some STUPID stuff!
"students are being encouraged to attend any of the other three emergency departments"

camais, Chevalier like this.

Old 04-02-2011 at 04:47 PM   #35
vkozina

Liked: 6 Times
soooo.... if we've cut out finger off, or something serious...like getting shot or stabbed and went to the emerg. (bc honestly who can get to the other hospital in a reasonable time frame) are they just going to be, well too bad, you should go to the other hospital (as I bleed uncontrollably in front of all the kiddies waiting in there?
I'm assuming if you're on the verge of death unless you get med attention they can't turn you down?

this is really dumb

Old 04-02-2011 at 07:30 PM   #36
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
I propose that there be a NEW ER for adults. >_<

Old 04-02-2011
Saskia
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 04-04-2011 at 08:53 AM   #37
Krazy Sailor

Liked: Liked 4 Times
The new urgent care center is about the same distance from Westdale as the Mac hospital so I don't think it will make a whole lot of difference for those living off campus. Besides, if you're bleeding out or about to die I don't think any hospital (at least in Canada) would turn you away. I agree that its an odd decision but I don't think that it will make that much difference in the end. On a separate note I kinda get the feeling that someone's wanting to compete with Sick Kids in Toronto...

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search