MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
List of places off campus that accept McMaster meal card kevcom Body & Food 0 10-14-2010 10:11 PM
CIBC Run for the Cure Katy Volunteering Opportunities 4 09-23-2010 01:20 PM
Does anyone know the address of that cibc machine near shoppers? Rakim Financial Aid 1 09-09-2010 10:26 AM
ECE Poster Day today in CIBC hall DannyV General Discussion 4 04-06-2010 09:05 PM
meal plan/student card and campus food spots Kailoli First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 33 09-03-2009 09:12 PM

Where around campus can I sign up for a Visa or CIBC card?

Old 09-06-2011 at 09:31 AM   #1
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

Where around campus can I sign up for a Visa or CIBC card?
Title pretty much says it all? I was planning on getting a pulse membership and it said I needed either of two cards. And also for OSAP pick up.

Btw: This faculty day thing that's happening today, is it only for mac pass owners? I do not have one and I don't know what to do atm
Old 09-06-2011 at 09:34 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfitsp View Post
Title pretty much says it all? I was planning on getting a pulse membership and it said I needed either of two cards. And also for OSAP pick up.

Btw: This faculty day thing that's happening today, is it only for mac pass owners? I do not have one and I don't know what to do atm
What? Who told you that? I'm pretty sure I've used my mastercard to buy a pulse membership in the past. I also never needed to show a credit or debit card when picking up OSAP.
Old 09-06-2011 at 09:36 AM   #3
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times

If you go into the office, they accept pretty much any form of payment. Cash, debit, credit (VISA, Mastercard, AMEX), cheque...
Old 09-06-2011 at 09:36 AM   #4
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
What? Who told you that? I'm pretty sure I've used my mastercard to buy a pulse membership in the past. I also never needed to show a credit or debit card when picking up OSAP.
Really? I might be wrong then, but I'm sure that's what I saw anyways. But even so, I'd still like to make a card, do you know where I can go? Do they have any on campus at all?
Old 09-06-2011 at 09:38 AM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Really? I might be wrong then, but I'm sure that's what I saw anyways. But even so, I'd still like to make a card, do you know where I can go? Do they have any on campus at all?
There's a CIBC off-campus in Westdale. I think TD does VISA, they are also located off-campus in Westdale a bit farther from CIBC.
Old 09-06-2011 at 09:38 AM   #6
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times

You can always sign up for one online I think. That's how I got my mastercard so I"m sure Visa is the same. Other than that go to a bank branch or they may have someone hanging around student centre trying to get students to sign up for a mastercard/visa or something. They do that sometimes.
Old 09-06-2011 at 09:40 AM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cheng View Post
You can always sign up for one online I think. That's how I got my mastercard so I"m sure Visa is the same. Other than that go to a bank branch or they may have someone hanging around student centre trying to get students to sign up for a mastercard/visa or something. They do that sometimes.
For the last couple years they had a BMO rep on campus randomly in the school year. You can sign up for a BMO SPC Mastercard from them.
Old 09-06-2011 at 09:46 AM   #8
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

sweet, thanks for your help guys. So then, my only last question is about the faculty day. Would I need a macpass to join? Since I don't have a mac pass, I also don't have the t shirt for my faculty. What should I do?
Old 09-06-2011 at 09:48 AM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
sweet, thanks for your help guys. So then, my only last question is about the faculty day. Would I need a macpass to join? Since I don't have a mac pass, I also don't have the t shirt for my faculty. What should I do?
If you live on-campus or close off-campus you might as well go. The worse that can happen is that you just have to go back home. In my year there were people there without faculty t-shirts but we also ran out of t-shirts since they didn't buy enough to cover all the macpasses that were sold.