MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Mac FROSH week recos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 09-09-2010 08:47 AM
Simply McMaster - Guide for First Years lorend MacInsiders Announcements 5 08-21-2010 02:35 PM

Article 2: Simply Mcmaster – Frosh Week

Give MI user drysdale's second blog post on McMaster a gander! This article is on his Welcome Week experiences!

Check it out: http://authspot.com/journals/article...er-frosh-week/

Excerpt:

Section 1: When you get there, you will know!

Now this is a bit of recap as it talks a bit about Moving in just like the previous article. To start off, when you get to your residence and park curbside you won’t miss the people in their overalls cheering and screaming. How do they have that much energy? Well that is a secret. Anyway, once you have moved all your stuff to the curb volunteers will start carrying your things up to your room. Don’t worry they will not try to organize your room for you! They will just leave your belongings outside your door, well that is the idea. Hopefully it works out just as well as it did last year. Your job during all this is to go pick up your keys and some information on res. from the service desk. When I moved into Matthews (discussed in greater details in the later articles) I had to go pick up my keys at the help desk in Mary Keyes. If you do not know yours ask the people in the overalls. I will try to put a list up for all the residences later on if I can. So head on over to the help desk with your photo and your McMaster student ID and they will provide you with your room key, the residence entry card, a mailbox key, the mailbox number and several other information booklets. A piece of advice, memorize your mailbox number or keep it somewhere safe as halfway through the year you might need it for mailing purposes. Once you have all of the above things head to your room. Hopefully your room mate hasn’t shown up yet and your parents don’t embarrass you too much! I’m just kidding it is not so bad…Well it will take you some time moving your stuff into your room and organizing it the way you like it. Also don’t forget that others are moving in around you so be sure to say hello to your neighbours because soon enough you will be hanging out with them.Once you are done unpacking a bit…It is annoying having to pack and then unpack! But once that is out of the way make sure to say goodbye to your parents and get rid of them so that you can start meeting people. Try talking to the people on your floor as all of your residence might not have moved in yet. As more people arrive be sure to invite them. You can never know enough people at the beginning . It will take only a short period of time before you will be comfortable with all of them. University is a change for everyone, remember that! Soon after, you will be told to go pick up your Mac Pass stuff. In 2009 this was known as the MacWow campaign, this year is different but it is the same idea. To pick up your stuff you will go down to the Mills Library Plaza where there are tables set up. If you don’t know where that is check out the map…You can now pick up your Mac goody bag with a faculty shirt, residence shirt, hat and much more. Also, if you are wondering whether you should buy the Mac Pass, well everyone that I have talked to at Mac never regretted that decision. Anyway, after you pick up your good bag your reps will take you back to residence where they have planned activities. It might be different for every residence but we had an ice-cream eating contest behind ‘Bridges’ (more on on-campus food in later articles). Then we were taught the cheers of McMaster. Oh boy, these are so much fun…trust me some of them will be used for the rest of the year at Mac. The cheers are fun, loud and quite sexual so everyone can have some fun. There is a lot of thrusting as well!!! For dinner, the reps will tell you your options. We picked ‘Bistro’ since it was close. They had a limited menu for frosh week but the food was still really good.
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Article Tools

Deleted Post

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search