MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
August 16? watercresent Academics 1 08-11-2010 09:08 AM
August 9th timetable? DMe3 Academics 29 08-09-2010 01:07 PM
Phoenix in August homeskillet Body & Food 1 07-31-2010 11:31 AM
WELCOME DAY- August 7th pink_cupcake First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-11-2009 12:06 AM
Welcome Day-August 8th? dsteph General Discussion 23 08-08-2008 04:33 AM

August 8th

August 8th
Published by lorend
10-22-2008
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Author review
Quality Of Food
80%80%80%
Prices
80%80%80%
Atmosphere
70%70%70%
Service
50%50%50%
Overall Experience
70%70%70%
Average 70%
August 8th

I am not a big fan of fish, so I wondered how I would fare going to an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant for a friend's birthday.

I had a few non-fish sushi items (which I like anyway), and they were really good. I got an assortment of tempura vegetables, as well as some stir-fried vegetables and some chicken stirfry. Everything was really, really good. For dessert they had green tea ice cream (soooo good), a few kinds of asian pudding. I looked over at the rest of the group I was with, and there were all kinds of different sushis on these huge, elaborate wooden boats. I (almost) wish I was more adventurous and tried some of what they had (except there are a bunch of things I can't eat...and no one knew what anything was).

My complaint was the service: the servers kept forgetting parts of our orders.

I went on a saturday, and the meal cost $22ish; which I think is fair...especially for all-you-can eat.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for August 8th!

Old 07-23-2009 at 03:15 PM   #2
Meejo

Liked: 0 Times
August 8th to me was a relatively mediocre Japanese buffet.

It definitely is a pioneer in "fusion" in the sense that it features a dim sum section in the menu as well. It's fun when you order a few plates of sushi/sashimi/maki and then one dish of steamed shrimp dumplings (AKA ha gow). It's good having those options once you get past the initial "wtf?" notion.

Not bad; worth checking out.

Old 06-02-2010 at 09:18 PM   #3
vivian.sand

Liked: 1 Time
good place to be for lunch. dinner is a little expensive.

Old 08-04-2011 at 02:48 AM   #4
bs92

Liked: Liked 2 Times
I've lived in Richmond Hill/Markham (East Asian capital of York Region, arguably for the entire GTA) for most of my life, so needless to say, I've been to more than my fair share of sushi buffets. The food is good: not spectacular, but quite good. You get what you pay for, which imo is more than average. I paid 25+ after tax/tip on weekend visits.

But what I was thoroughly amazed by was the service. Never in all my years of sushi conquest have I ordered for eight and had over 10 premium maki rolls arrive at my table within five minutes.

It could've been a fluke though. That or one of my friends (A.L.) is in bed with the chef.

peanuts, sarahsullz like this.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search