MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mechatronics - Discussion Evo9 Academics 17 11-25-2011 01:04 PM
Replacement for Elm and Webct discussion boards! talimr General Discussion 1 09-24-2009 08:39 AM
SOLAR discussion Chad Academics 41 07-31-2008 10:01 PM
New Course Discussion Forum Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 08-12-2007 05:46 PM

Avenue discussion boards

Old 02-24-2012 at 10:17 AM   #1
jackiemac

Liked: 71 Times

Avenue discussion boards
People amuse me. In one of my classes the prof opened the discussion board feature on Avenue and someone actually posted that they're disappointed in their grade because they're a science student and "this is supposed to be a bird course."
I can't imagine posting that but wondered if I'm in the minority? It seems well, whiny at best.

jamescw1234 says thanks to jackiemac for this post.

Old 02-24-2012 at 11:06 AM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Ever since my first year classes on ELM, I have never had the fortune of running into controversial Avenue discussion board posts. Somebody should start a website: "As Seen on Avenue". I think it'd be much more enjoyable than McMaster Memes on Facebook

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Faer, justinsftw, Yogurt like this.
Old 02-24-2012 at 01:44 PM   #3
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

My Macro Econ professor told us we'll get out first midterm marks back on Wednesday for sure if not Tuesday. Wednesday night people start complaining which is fine but what ticked me off was when people started asking for bonus marks =/. Like what the hell. There probably is a reason why they couldn't upload the marks by the deadline promised but free/bonus marks? You're going to university to get a hard earned degree, aren't you? I guess not..
Old 02-24-2012 at 02:21 PM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
Ever since my first year classes on ELM, I have never had the fortune of running into controversial Avenue discussion board posts. Somebody should start a website: "As Seen on Avenue". I think it'd be much more enjoyable than McMaster Memes on Facebook
The fb group "As seen on ELM" was pretty funny..
Also, for one of my bio classes, I clearly remember a student (on the ELM discussion board) calling the instructional assistant a *****. I believe this was shortly after the final exam...

RyanC, Silver like this.
Old 02-24-2012 at 02:33 PM   #5
gmoney

Liked: 21 Times

One time someone happened to ask what font their essay should be typed in....

My favourite reply was: Use Wingdings... like a boss.

hellonewyork, jackiemac like this.
Old 02-24-2012 at 05:01 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

A guy in one of my classes mass messaged a facepalm in response to one of my prof's messages. I love school discussion boards so much.

jackiemac likes this.
Old 02-24-2012 at 07:36 PM   #7
jackiemac

Liked: 71 Times

A small update: the only response so far has been someone else commiserating that their grade sucks too and then a plea. Could someone getting a 90% or better on the assignments post their papers so others can see an example of good work. So far no one has replied to that little gem.
Old 02-24-2012 at 10:39 PM   #8
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

One of my friends posted a request to drop two assignment marks instead of one on Avenue.

There was an overwhelming agreement among fellow students and the professor agreed to it in the end XD

#OccupyAvenue
Old 02-24-2012 at 11:23 PM   #9
person33

Liked: 53 Times

after my natural disasters exam 2 years ago so many people complained/bashed the prof on elm cause the exam didnt make sense and she couldnt speak proper english that the prof took the discussion board off so nobody could post anything after that