Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
avenue cjdzl Academics 2 10-28-2010 01:55 PM
Avenue help plz Moh2in General Discussion 2 10-28-2010 01:22 AM
Is avenue down? noghi Academics 6 10-26-2010 09:14 PM
New course on Avenue danzai Academics 5 09-20-2010 06:42 PM

Avenue is going to be DOWN ?

Taking from avenue's website:

"Internet and ORION networks will be inaccessible due to ORION (Ontario Research and Innovation Optical Network) network maintenance. During this timeframe McMaster will be inaccessible via Internet from anywhere outside of McMaster; however, access to McMaster resources, including DTC and MIP, from within McMaster will remain unaffected.
This maintenance is being initiated by ORION and can not be rescheduled. UTS will be monitoring and assisting with testing after the maintenance to ensure all services have been re-established.
Start Date/Time: Friday December 10, 2010 - 11:00 p.m.
End Date/Time: Saturday December 11, 2010 - 1:00 a.m."

Are they mocking us or what ?

What do you guys think of this ? Right during the exam, when we need avenue the Most, they take it away... I'd like to stay home and study not get out and not study.
Published by
P.I.M.P

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 12-08-2010 at 07:14 PM   #2
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times
Relax... look at the times. It's down for 3 hours late on Friday night. I think you'll survive.

danallan, DannyV like this.

Old 12-08-2010 at 07:16 PM   #3
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times
That is ****ing bullshit, no matter what time.
I have an exam on Saturday morning, and this isn't helping, I want to use all the resources I have... INCLUDING AVENUE.

Commander, Jason036 like this.

Old 12-08-2010 at 07:17 PM   #4
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times
just download the files you need

danallan, DannyV, paperplanes like this.

Old 12-08-2010 at 07:19 PM   #5
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times
PROTIP

download the pdfs

Old 12-08-2010 at 07:20 PM   #6
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times
correction* it's only 2 hours, but they could've picked a better time like 2-4

Old 12-08-2010 at 07:21 PM   #7
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1 View Post
just download the files you need
This. You never know when your Internet will stop working, a comet hits mac UTS, or A2L pulls a ELM. Just save it.

danallan, MacPack, smarties13 like this.

Old 12-08-2010 at 07:22 PM   #8
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times
I have a psychology final saturday morning at 9am. Everything is online, can't download. It was bad enough that I had 5 between thurs/fri/sat.. Now this. Awesome.

Old 12-08-2010 at 07:23 PM   #9
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaint View Post
I have a psychology final saturday morning at 9am. Everything is online, can't download. It was bad enough that I had 5 between thurs/fri/sat.. Now this. Awesome.
Okay yeah that kinda blows, but just go through as much you can prior...then relax for those two hours!

Plus, isn't there a site for those psych lectures... that isnt A2L...

Old 12-08-2010 at 07:28 PM   #10
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times
Quote:
Email Joe kim, he will upload all of them to intropsych.net, the level of analysis lecture is there, not sure why the others aren't

Old 12-08-2010 at 07:41 PM   #11
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1 View Post
Email Joe kim, he will upload all of them to intropsych.net, the level of analysis lecture is there, not sure why the others aren't
Because then anyone could access the sources. I think there's a rule somewhere about distributing copyrighted material to people not in the course.

Old 12-08-2010 at 08:59 PM   #12
danallan

Liked: 27 Times
if you're studying between 11pm and 1am for a 9am exam the next day...you're doing it wrong.

bcars, britb, DannyV, pavlov, Pay919 like this.

Old 12-08-2010 at 09:22 PM   #13
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times
Just be happy you know about it this long before

Old 12-08-2010 at 10:49 PM   #14
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times
Quote:
You can do a print of the webpage and then do a preview of what you're going to print and it should give you the preview as a pdf file and then save that. I do it all the time if there's an online article or something that I want to read and I know I won't have internet access.
Not print screen though, just the print button on your web browser.

Old 12-08-2010 at 11:14 PM   #15
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
You can do a print of the webpage and then do a preview of what you're going to print and it should give you the preview as a pdf file and then save that. I do it all the time if there's an online article or something that I want to read and I know I won't have internet access.
Not print screen though, just the print button on your web browser.
i think he's talking about online lectures, you could always record them tho

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search