MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mark As Sold - Changes Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-08-2010 12:12 PM
Need more information about a mark savannah123 Academics 9 01-21-2010 05:56 PM
Mark Check syan9184 Academics 18 12-25-2009 12:41 PM
Calculating Course Mark rossignol First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 12-12-2009 05:47 PM

average mark in Microeconomics/geo1ha3

Old 12-11-2008 at 02:00 PM   #1
macstudent99

Liked: 0 Times

average mark in Microeconomics/geo1ha3
hey guys...
just a question of curiosity....

im just wondering what the average/usual marks are like in economics 1b03 (micro) and geograph 1ha3 (cultures and societies).......
i just need a idea of what the average marks are like (if possible) before i choose an elective for term 2...

i don't know if this question could be answered but hey i'll try.....

P.S.....: so i heard geo assignments take a pretty long time to do. what are the assignments like in geo (like does it involve going to this place and that place, measuring this and that etc)

THANNKS =)
Old 12-11-2008 at 05:58 PM   #2
sycoman

Liked: 9 Times

Econ 1bo3 had 2 midterms and a final exam. The class average on the first midterm was around 79%. The second midterm was a little harder and the class average was in the low 70's. We just had our exam yesterday and it looked easier than the second midterm.

IMO, the course was super super easy. I personally did well on both the midterms. If your good at memorization, econ is definately the course for you. The course also has 10 aplia assignments (online assignmnts), every student has an identical assignment and the marks for the top 6 out of 10 count as 12 percent of the course. Every one i knew got more than 97%+ on these assignments.

macstudent99 says thanks to sycoman for this post.
Old 12-12-2008 at 08:34 PM   #3
Jazza

Liked: 0 Times

From this term, the GEOG mark for the mid-term test was lower than the tests for ECON. The average mark for GEOG was low 60s and low to high 70s for ECON.

For Doctor Peace's class, the GEOG assignments are different from previous years. You will spend a lot of time on the assignments especially on the last two assignments (the group assignments). For the last two assignments, you will be doing fieldwork. You have five assignments to do for this class: mapping, critical review & summary, research paper and two fieldworks. The two fieldworks require you to observe parks from Hamilton and explore the Durand neighbourhood. Plus, you have to write reports for both fieldworks. The assignments are easy, but just require a lot of time to do.

By the way, the GEOG assignments might differ in term 2 because a different professor teaches it, Professor Mercier.

The assignments for ECON are easier and less time consuming compared to GEOG. As sycoman stated, it is easy to score 90%+ in these assignments. You only have to complete 6 out of 10 assignments.

Personally, I thought the ECON tests and exam were a bit tricky compared to GEOG. The two tests and exam for ECON were all multiple choice while the GEOG test and exam consist of t/f, m/c and short answers. Both courses' tests and exams were straightforward as long as you know your stuff.

macstudent99 says thanks to Jazza for this post.
Old 12-15-2008 at 09:33 PM   #4
sycoman

Liked: 9 Times

Just a piece of advice about Econ 1BO3, this course has the biggest snow ball effect. Therefore it is essential that if you dont get some thing from one chapter that you go seek help. Some of my friends didnt do so well on the second midterm and never bothered to understand the material until the day before the final exam.

IMO, after you get your midterms back, you should find out right away the mistakes youve made so you can avoid them later on.