MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Girl is little mad at the moment. gongshow Dating & Relationships 35 10-11-2010 02:55 PM
What were your best/awkward residence or Mac moments? MACTV General Discussion 29 09-28-2009 03:45 PM

The Awkward Moment When...

Old 01-12-2012 at 10:23 AM   #1
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

The Awkward Moment When...
What were your most awkward moments at Mac? Say them as "The awkward moment when ________." Needless to say, must be something that actually happened to you, or someone else (but you must have seen it).

Also, I realize there's a thread like this, but it's closed, so consider this one the new one.

I'll start.

The awkward moment when I take the entire day to prepare for a presentation, only to arrive to class without it and stand there like an idiot.

Desda likes this.
Old 01-12-2012 at 10:32 AM   #2
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

The awkward moment when you give your opinion on a course text that the professor subsequently discusses later on in the lecture, somehow knows your first name, and announces, "Why don;t you just teach the class? You can go now."

AdelaisAer, L'Étoile like this.
Old 01-12-2012 at 10:35 AM   #3
lux

Liked: 318 Times

When you sit down for an exam and write you name on everything only to realize a couple minutes later that you're writing the wrong exam.

Also when you leave the IWC gym feeling disoriented from writing that exam and start walking in a general direction only to realize that you don't know where you're actually going. You then look behind you and notice that other people are following you hoping that you will know where the exit is. This results in you turning around and pretending to know where you're going when you actually don't. In the end you end up on the football field. fml.

Last edited by lux : 01-12-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Old 01-12-2012 at 10:38 AM   #4
mediagurl

Liked: 22 Times

the ackward moment when you fall asleep in class and the prof calls on you.

AdelaisAer, lizziepizzie like this.
Old 01-12-2012 at 10:45 AM   #5
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

The awkward moment when you're 5 minutes late for class and as you enter, your shoes squeek all thge way to your seat.

The awkward moment when you're late for class and the prof stops talking and stares at you until you sit down.

Allana:), Ish001 like this.
Old 01-12-2012 at 10:56 AM   #6
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times

the awkward moment you get lost in the basement of togo salmon for a half hour and end up in kth, etc.

Old 01-12-2012 at 11:03 AM   #7
mediagurl

Liked: 22 Times

the ackward moment when you think you are late for tutorial when really the class before you isn't done yet.

Old 01-12-2012 at 11:34 AM   #8
Sevan

Liked: 28 Times

the awkward moment when you're sitting in lecture and you can see someone in front of you creeping your facebook...

Old 01-12-2012 at 11:39 AM   #9
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevan View Post
the awkward moment when you're sitting in lecture and you can see someone in front of you creeping your facebook...
lol awkwarrrddddddddddddd dddddd
Old 01-12-2012 at 11:51 AM   #10
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

The awkward moment when you're late for class and the moment you go in the professor chooses you to make an on-the-spot presentation.

lifesciman1 likes this.
Old 01-12-2012 at 11:53 AM   #11
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
The awkward moment when you're late for class and the moment you go in the professor chooses you to make an on-the-spot presentation.
O.0 This happens?! what class was that? I will never take that class!!! if it's not politics, then I'll be lost for sure
Old 01-12-2012 at 11:54 AM   #12
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

the awkward moment when you go to class, sit for at least 15 minutes and later realize that class is actually cancelled.

Old 01-12-2012 at 11:57 AM   #13
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misspolitics View Post
O.0 This happens?! what class was that? I will never take that class!!! if it's not politics, then I'll be lost for sure
I forget. But it was in-class activity, I think, and basically, because I came in late, I got chosen to be first. It was definitely in Humanities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akikokoyoki View Post
the awkward moment when you go to class, sit for at least 15 minutes and later realize that class is actually cancelled.
I've had that. 20 minutes into the class, the TA comes in, and is like, The professor said class is cancelled. Sorry. Bye! And there was no note or anything on Avenue To Learn or a note on the door, so we ended up wasting 20 minutes of our life waiting for a prof who was actually sick and never bothered to tell anyone until now. >:
Old 01-12-2012 at 12:04 PM   #14
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
I've had that. 20 minutes into the class, the TA comes in, and is like, The professor said class is cancelled. Sorry. Bye! And there was no note or anything on Avenue To Learn or a note on the door, so we ended up wasting 20 minutes of our life waiting for a prof who was actually sick and never bothered to tell anyone until now. >:
Yup, last year in Art History I came to class (so did everyone else) and waited for the prof to come. When we realized that they prof did not arrive about 15 minutes after class started, we left. We found out later that the prof cancelled the class because he had a hard time travelling through the snow and not risk his life getting to school
Old 01-12-2012 at 12:08 PM   #15
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

the awkward moment when someone walks in on you taking a deuce at thode, and you have to walk out and pass them pretending it never happened............. .

spiketown says thanks to tyrant for this post.