MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Course not on timetable! oli13 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-13-2010 02:40 PM
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
timetable help birko First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-24-2010 10:48 AM
timetable Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-12-2009 01:19 PM

How bad is my timetable............ ............?

Old 08-08-2012 at 11:33 AM   #1
Unregistered

How bad is my timetable............ ............?
i48.tinypic.com/2lawzcy.jpg

is it bad.............?? how come there are so many spaces between classes and class run till 6:20 oh my god thats too long high school finishes at 3:15................. ................... everyone told me there were less classes in university but there is so much
Old 08-08-2012 at 11:38 AM   #2
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times

Well, if you count them up there actually ARE fewer classes than high school. They're just spread out way more. That said, that many 1-hour gaps are usually considered 'bad' unless you find some way to be productive during the breaks. Usually people don't have enough time to work in the 1-hour breaks and end up having to do everything after the day ends at 6:30.

Basically, try to get rid of some of the spaces by moving things around to better spots, or find a way to be productive during your breaks.
Old 08-08-2012 at 11:39 AM   #3
spyridm

Liked: 46 Times

It's not great- but it could still be a lot worse.
You don't start before 9:30 on any day so that's a win in many peoples' books!

My suggestion: if you don't like so much spacing between classes, try to sandwich your tutorials in between your other classes (especially the stats tutorial-if you move that it will free up most of your Tuesday)

That being said, if you have a tendency to procrastinate and think you will need time right before tutorial to finish any assignments you have, you might want to leave it as is. So basically, decide what would be more helpful for you to get your work done and go from there! & hey, at least you don't have any labs
Old 08-08-2012 at 11:45 AM   #4
thuks0251

Liked: 10 Times

Again, too many "breaks" imo
Old 08-08-2012 at 11:49 AM   #5
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Youre a first year, go exploring on your breaks! Go back to your res and hang out in the common room, go find obscure places to eat lunch, try your best to figure out the basement of the art quad, walk through the student centre 20 times and get free razors or deodorant.

lifesciman1 likes this.
Old 08-08-2012 at 12:13 PM   #6
Unknown111

Liked: 2 Times

It's not that bad except for those breaks in between...you should try and switch around cores if you can. i.e. Econ 1BB3 is likely to have a night class
Old 08-08-2012 at 12:41 PM   #7
Unregistered

Are night classes good though? I know they're once a week but will it benefit my situation??

Also how do i move the tutorials around?? I do it on solar when it reopens? I didn't have the option to select any tutorials or cores when i selected my courses so...................
Old 08-08-2012 at 12:42 PM   #8
Unregistered

except for economics but in economics i only could select cores not tutorials.....
Old 08-08-2012 at 12:58 PM   #9
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

youll be able to choose the tutorials when it opens back up

and if you think youd rather have bigger breaks during the day because youre the kind of person who works better at that time, then take a night class to free up that time. if not, keep the day class and do your studying and homework after 6:30
Old 08-08-2012 at 01:39 PM   #10
randhirmiz

Liked: 12 Times

Are you kidding? Compared to the other timetables I've seen, including mine, this is the best one by far. I have a day where I start at 8:30am, have 4 cores and a tutorial and my last class ends at 10pm. Yours seem really well spread out. As for the long breaks, you can always either study, go exploring around, like Melanie said, or just go hang out with people.

If I were you, I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 08-08-2012 at 03:37 PM   #11
camelie

Liked: 0 Times

It's not that bad. Remember each class is 50 mins, not the 1hr & 15 like high school. It looks like a lot cause you have broken up classes. Taking a class that's 2 or 3 hours long will free up more time because you'll only have to go once a week. There are a lot of social science courses that are like that.

If you replaced classics & philosophy with two evening 3 hour classes, you'd have fewer classes each week and you wouldn't have to go to class in the morning. But if you don't want to drop anything and don't like your schedule, you should check the master timetable to see what you can move around.

& if you use your breaks to do work, you might not have to do anything after your last classes, which is good.

I'm not going to lie to you, though. Your Mondays look crappy.
Old 08-08-2012 at 03:44 PM   #12
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Just go to the master timetable, look up your courses, and put together a schedule that has less gaps. It's what I do every year - and how I ended up with a timetable so compacted that I started at 8:30am and ended by 2:20pm every single day last semester. I'm gonna miss it.
Old 08-08-2012 at 05:17 PM   #13
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

I don't like those many breaks cause you can't study or game.
Old 08-08-2012 at 06:04 PM   #14
Unregistered

look at this stupid stats class arrrrgggggggggggghhhh hhhh only 1 option for cores and tutorials. shouldve took data management ..................... ........

i have a question are you also able to switch cores as well as tutorials. and this time for sure you can change cores and tutorials right like it will give me the option i solar to do so??
Old 08-08-2012 at 07:16 PM   #15
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Yes. You can switch cores/tuts/labs wherever there's an opening slot.

Edit: Plus. Add/Drop courses.