MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable Salama First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-21-2010 09:17 PM
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
"A Balanced Course Load" WatchesUPee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-06-2009 12:00 AM
Help with my timetable T_T comtoxic First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-11-2008 08:57 AM
Can someone help me with timetable? comtoxic First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-10-2008 10:19 PM

Balanced Eng I. Timetable

Old 08-15-2009 at 08:40 PM   #31
Maitland

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul91 View Post
Would you recommend this change even though 1D04 is a 4 unit course and 1C03 a 3 unit, meaning that my first term would have a total of 17.5 units and my second a total of 19.5? I heard ppl talking about it making a difference if you took high school programming, which i did not take.

I wouldn't worry about the difference in units. 1D04 has longer labs and tutorials, but they're really not any more work. In fact, 1C03 requires you to do homework drawings for each tutorial whereas you just show-up (or don't) to your 1D04 tutorial. I would say that even thoug 1C03 is a unit less, it will take up more of your time once you take into consideration the tedious tutorial drawings and year end project. In both of these classes I found lectures to be generally useless, and all of my learning was done in tutorials and labs. If you didn't take high school programming, 1D04 will be a little bit challenging at the beginning. I didn't take it but with a lot of help from my lab TAs, I was able to pull off a 9. My advice would be to go to all of your labs and tutorials (and seeing as 1C03 labs and tutorials, and 1D04 labs are for marks, this SHOULD be obvious). To anyone who has posted their timetables above... my personal experience is that you will enjoy your day far more if you get rid of all the 1 hour breaks between your classes. By the time you walk back to rez you have 30 minutes before you have to leave for class again, so instead of using 2 hours of your day for 2 classes, you will end up wasting a third. 10 minutes is ample time in most cases to get from class to class, so don't worry about spreading them out.

Paul91 says thanks to Maitland for this post.