MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help from Bell Mobility employee burforbt Computers & Tech 3 10-13-2010 08:04 PM
Man, Bell FiOS is shit Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 11 09-29-2010 12:44 PM
Rogers or Bell? anthony Computers & Tech 44 08-03-2010 04:29 PM
RIP Glen Bell andrew22 General Discussion 9 01-19-2010 09:36 PM
Bell-Curve salimak Academics 33 12-22-2009 11:46 AM

Bell Retention Plans

Old 01-29-2012 at 12:54 PM   #1
ryan10200

Liked: 1 Time

Bell Retention Plans
Has anyone ever called the loyalty department and negotiated a better deal? Just wondering what you may have received and/or how you did it? Thanks

*Edit - Sorry, Bell mobility retention plans

Last edited by ryan10200 : 01-29-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Had not specified
Old 01-29-2012 at 01:10 PM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

TV, Internet, Cell.....?

Elaborate.
Old 01-29-2012 at 01:33 PM   #3
ryan10200

Liked: 1 Time

Edited it, sorry
Old 01-29-2012 at 05:43 PM   #4
nomchock

Liked: 31 Times

if you threaten to cancel they will offer a small thing or two, i've gotten liek caller id and call forwarding from bitching

i know that if you threaten to cancel and say oh yea i want a phone xxxx what rate can you guys give me, they will offer you whatever is out there with like 10% off

its not bad but not that fantastic
Old 01-29-2012 at 06:31 PM   #5
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

if you tell them the rate/features you want, and they are reasonable they may give it to you but its worth a shot, doesnt take too long
Old 01-29-2012 at 07:42 PM   #6
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Bell is a little tricky to get retentions with.

When you call and ask to cancel, depending who you get and where, they won't offer retentions. Instead they will say you will have service for the next 30days and then will continue to cancel it.

You will later get a mail from them saying something along the lines of we are sorry you choose to leave us, please call this number to see if we can sort this out.

One of the generic retention's plans is :

For 22$ :
250mins
Unlimited Incoming Minutes
Ultd texts
Caller id, voicemail etc.

But a lot of times if you just make up a reasonable imaginary plan that another provider is giving you, you will get something close.
Old 01-30-2012 at 03:27 PM   #7
aviaf
Richard Cioci

Liked: 50 Times

I would recommend switching to wind. i know i'm not answering your question, but I'll jsut throw it in there. Many of the issues that prevented people from switching before, mainly poor signals, have been greatly improved to the point where I have wind signal and rogers and bell customers dont sometimes. When I left rogers, i paid the fee to leave them with 10 months left, I still saved mroe money by paying to leave than if I had rmeained with rogers for thsoe 10 months, then switched.

I know its not bell, but I guess my point is, if u have to threaten to leave to get better plans, you should consider actually leaving.
Old 01-30-2012 at 03:57 PM   #8
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviaf View Post
I would recommend switching to wind. i know i'm not answering your question, but I'll jsut throw it in there. Many of the issues that prevented people from switching before, mainly poor signals, have been greatly improved to the point where I have wind signal and rogers and bell customers dont sometimes. When I left rogers, i paid the fee to leave them with 10 months left, I still saved mroe money by paying to leave than if I had rmeained with rogers for thsoe 10 months, then switched.

I know its not bell, but I guess my point is, if u have to threaten to leave to get better plans, you should consider actually leaving.
I agree Wind has amazing plans but if the OP has been a customer with Bell for 3 years, it is probably better for him to stay with them.

The thing with the Big 3 is, if you show your a loyal customer and stay with them for 3+ years. 99% of the time they are willing to drop the cost of your plan by a LOT in order to keep you a paid customer.
Old 01-30-2012 at 04:13 PM   #9
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
I agree Wind has amazing plans but if the OP has been a customer with Bell for 3 years, it is probably better for him to stay with them.

The thing with the Big 3 is, if you show your a loyal customer and stay with them for 3+ years. 99% of the time they are willing to drop the cost of your plan by a LOT in order to keep you a paid customer.
The retention plans are competitive with wind since they work outside wind zones, so if you travel to friends in different cities or around canada its worth it.

For those of us that would never sign a 3 year contract, wind is tempting