MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arkells Concert Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-11-2010 12:38 PM
Alexisonfire Concert Chad MacInsiders Announcements 22 09-07-2010 08:12 PM
Upcoming Concert Announcement Chad MacInsiders Announcements 4 01-08-2010 03:53 PM
Welcome Week Concert Annoucement lorend MacInsiders Announcements 78 09-08-2009 07:25 PM
Concert New Date Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-09-2007 12:17 PM

Best Concert?

Old 04-18-2011 at 03:01 PM   #46
ASurendran

Liked: 0 Times

Even though I wasn't there: Kanye's Coachella performance last night.

Great set list covering all of his albums. The stream was great. Good concert all around.
Old 04-18-2011 at 08:14 PM   #47
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

uh sigur ros, I think the second time they played massey hall : )
Old 04-18-2011 at 11:41 PM   #48
changturkey

Liked: 9 Times

Muse 2010, Toronto; Coldplay 2009, Toronto; Radiohead In Rainbows Tour 2008(?).
Old 04-19-2011 at 01:30 AM   #49
Mazer

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
-- Muse w/ Silversun Pickups @ the ACC, March 2010: ...
I was there and I agree, the sound was great but they didn't even talk to the audience. They just came out and played, didn't show any humility or gratitude to their fans.

I guess the best concert I've seen was The Musical Box (the official Genesis tribute band) performing Selling England by the Pound at The Music Hall in Toronto.

Last edited by Mazer : 04-19-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-19-2011 at 10:28 AM   #50
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Depends what you mean by "concert". I saw Britney Spear's Circus and it was an amazing stage show. There was obviously no live singing or live music, so I don't know if it would be considered a concert. It was incredible though. The costumes, the props, the dancing.. I loved it.
Old 04-19-2011 at 02:31 PM   #51
The MACster

Liked: 10 Times

Beyonce - I Am.. Sasha Fierce World Tour
Toronto, 2009

Most amazing live vocals and performance!
Old 04-19-2011 at 05:06 PM   #52
deaner_123

Liked: 3 Times

5. The Dead Weather- At Sound Academy in summer 2010. Hands down the loudest, and most badass evil grooving show i have ever been to. I dont think i heard for days afterwards..holy shit.
4. Sufjan Stevens- at massey hall this past fall. Even though lots of people complained that it was all new material, it was a great chance to hear his new stuff, and really appreciate the complexity of his arrangements, just amazing.
3. The Strokes- in london on their first impressions of earth tour, back when Julian Casablancas was wasted on everything and therefore still good.
2. Arkells- at 1280..that is..quarters...last year. Incredible incredible show.
1. The White Stripes- once in 2005, and again in 2007 in london for their secret day gig, and front row at the night show.

woo!
Old 04-20-2011 at 03:24 AM   #53
Kailoli

Liked: 10 Times

Definitely the one I just got back from a couple hours ago!

It was My Chemical Romance feat. the Architects and Anti-Flag at the Kool Haus, Toronto.

The energy was through the roof. The first band was alright, but Anti-Flag? Snap, they destroyed us. The whole crowd was recovering afterwards from what they gave us. Then MCR came out and pretty much took down the place. I think half-way through their set, the venue started dying out. One of my friends had to be pulled out because she couldn't handle it anymore (we're both concert junkies, and we were right at the front/centre of the crowd. About four rows back from the barricade). I ended up getting knocked up by who knows what but because of where I was, I didn't fall, I was just pinned there. I remember one song playing and the next second, we were in the middle of a different one. I ended up waving the white flag and chilled by the bar to recover. I got to meet Anti-Flag after (unfortunately not MCR though :( ). definitely the best concert ever. I've never been so battered in my life. XD
Old 04-20-2011 at 05:32 PM   #54
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

I saw Coldplay a few years ago in Toronto and it was incredible. U2 before they REALLY got old in 2002 was a solid 9.9/10. I just wish I were older to appreciate it better.

Alexisonfire at Welcome Week 2008 was also really really awesome, and I've also been in some pretty awesome concerts with my own band

On the other side of the coin, Mindless Self Indulgence was just brutal. I like their music, and I used to listen to it 24/7 (for about a week), and when I saw them live, I partially knew what to expect, but it was just really really loud, some nut punched me in the mouth because he thought I was a bear, and I personally don't like being berated by a band for giving them my money for what they called a "shitty expose of terrible music".

I believe the last line of the night was: "We won't play an encore because only s**tty bands who care what you think play encores and we aren't that, so baibai." Cool.