MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chem 1A03/1AA3 Textbook Difference (9th VS. 10th edition) juxtapose Academics 7 08-24-2011 09:41 PM

Big difference between the 9th and 10th edition textbook for Chem1A03/1AA3?

Old 09-01-2011 at 11:20 AM   #1
mehtaad
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

Big difference between the 9th and 10th edition textbook for Chem1A03/1AA3?
Its so much cheaper to buy the 9th edition but I dont want to purchase an old edition and have it be a disadvantage towards my studying haha.
Old 09-01-2011 at 11:28 AM   #2
ricechrispy

Liked: 9 Times

i'm a first year too, but i heard there's very little difference between editions

and i got a 10th edition package set for only 35$ and the access code for 20$
so i spent 55$ and saved $51...i'd say that's a pretty good deal if you ask me

the one thing you need to be careful about though: when you buy the textbooks/sol'n guide from someone, they most like won't also be selling the access code (because they used it and access codes expire by the time your semester ends) unless they never used the access code. Access codes new are 50$, so unless you buy the textbook/sol'n guide for less than 55$, you might as well buy new (unless you can also find someone selling access codes [i actually found 2 people selling for 20$ and 1 for 30$])

mehtaad says thanks to ricechrispy for this post.
Old 09-01-2011 at 11:56 AM   #3
rkb12

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehtaad View Post
Its so much cheaper to buy the 9th edition but I dont want to purchase an old edition and have it be a disadvantage towards my studying haha.
For Chem 1A03/1AA3, the 9th and 10th edition didn't really make a difference. I know people who used the 9th and they had no problems.

Last edited by rkb12 : 09-01-2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: I didn't see that the thread was for Chem specifically

mehtaad says thanks to rkb12 for this post.
Old 09-01-2011
giftedchick
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-01-2011
omgmt
Old 09-01-2011
jdia