MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Requisite SOLAR problem brittanyd Academics 1 08-13-2010 02:33 PM
MUGSI - SOLAR problem harshey13 Academics 9 06-14-2010 04:52 PM
Problem changturkey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 05-19-2010 02:17 PM
ELM problem maverick1990 General Discussion 10 09-09-2009 03:07 PM
Complicated SOLAR/class full problem.. HeatherH Academics 1 07-28-2008 03:04 PM

Big problem on SOLAR

Old 06-30-2010 at 12:54 AM   #1
amare

Liked: 22 Times

Big problem on SOLAR
Ok i'm on SOLAR right now and i'm trying to resister for Math 1KO3 since I didnt do Gr.12 calculus but if wont allow me to do that but instead it will only allow me to do 1FO3 even though i didnt take calculus. I took calculus in high school for a week than i dropped it but i imagine this potentially may be the reason even though it shouldnt be on my transcript I also got less than a 79 in functions which should allow me to do 1KO3. What should I do now?
Old 06-30-2010 at 01:20 AM   #2
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Hmm, that definitely can't be good =/

The only advice I can give is to contact an academic advisor from your faculty, and explain what happened.
I suggest going there in person or calling, emails won't be answered anytime soon, I don't imagine.

Good luck!!!

Old 06-30-2010 at 01:26 AM   #3
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

http://socweb.cis.mcmaster.c a/Firs...dvising.htm l

here's the link for the social science academic advisors!

""

In KTH 129
DROP-IN ADVISING!

Academic Advisors are available Monday through Friday from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on a drop in basis.

( Im assuming you're a Social Science student, lol)

Old 06-30-2010 at 01:40 AM   #4
amare

Thank you very much! I will call them later today when the sun is out What should I do if 1K03 becomes full though. I put 1F03 in my cources just in case but no math is required for social science so would i have any chance of still getting into 1K03?
Old 06-30-2010 at 01:42 PM   #5
amare

I've tried calling the social science faculty numerous times but I cant reach them and I'm not even going to bother e-mailing since they wont answer. My SOLAR closes on July 6 and I imagine by the time it reopens most courses will be full so I really have no idea what to do now....
Old 06-30-2010 at 01:47 PM   #6
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

The first thing you need to do is make sure you've registered in whichever number of courses you plan to take next year. It doesn't matter if these are actually the ones you want, just make sure the number is right. Confirm your payment agreement.

Now, keep trying to get into 1K03.
If you can't reach them by phone or stop by their office, send an email off just in case, it won't hurt.
When SOLAR reopens, your issue with the prerequisites should have been sorted out and you can try then.

But right now what you want to do is make sure you have a complete payment agreement confirmed. This is cause the amount you owe the university depends on how many courses you take (and what faculty you're in) and making sure everything's alright on the financial side is more urgent than anything else.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences