MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biggest book intermediary zhanga7 2nd Year Course Reviews 0 01-07-2014 08:30 PM
Biggest FAIL of the century. BeAll_EndAll General Discussion 12 09-10-2011 11:03 AM
the biggest weirdo on MI Noodle General Discussion 23 04-09-2011 10:37 PM
best amount of money to earn for biggest tax refund? darkstar Financial Aid 1 09-05-2010 08:26 AM
What are your biggest concerns/worries for this new school year? b_sunshine55 General Discussion 132 09-06-2009 01:39 AM

Biggest Issue at Mac

Old 11-13-2014 at 10:23 PM   #1
JUNCTION

Liked: 0 Times

Biggest Issue at Mac
What is the biggest issue at Mcmaster that you dont think has been addressed properly that addects YOUR life?
Old 11-13-2014 at 11:20 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

tuition prices

jon.john23 likes this.
Old 11-14-2014 at 11:31 PM   #3
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

profs not speaking english.

E Lab, eullwm like this.
Old 11-14-2014 at 11:59 PM   #4
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Convocation is not located on campus.
Old 11-15-2014 at 12:28 AM   #5
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

the state of the walkways and paths on campus getting flooded and/or lake mcmaster

chrisA, VitaSoy like this.
Old 11-15-2014 at 08:47 AM   #6
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Solar.

chrisA, jon.john23 like this.
Old 11-15-2014 at 09:59 AM   #7
Loko

Liked: 5 Times

Hamilton.
No offense
It's bOrInG
Old 11-17-2014 at 09:21 AM   #8
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
Convocation is not located on campus.
Newsflash... the rest of your life also wont be located on campus, may want to begin your preparations for how this will have an earthquake-like affect on your world apparently if convocation being off campus is difficult for you
Old 11-17-2014 at 12:56 PM   #9
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dream View Post
Newsflash... the rest of your life also wont be located on campus, may want to begin your preparations for how this will have an earthquake-like affect on your world apparently if convocation being off campus is difficult for you
Yes, well, the rest of my life won't involve photos of graduation from Mac either.
I think there is something very unsatisfying about having graduation off-campus, and I also don't like that it is so difficult to take photos on graduation day on campus.

I certainly wouldn't call it the biggest issue, but it definitely sucks, and the fact that you'll spend the rest of your life not on campus has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Allan, VitaSoy like this.
Old 11-17-2014 at 03:21 PM   #10
Destiny_

Liked: 1 Time

the wifi :(
Old 11-17-2014 at 03:27 PM   #11
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

I'm changing my answer to the gratuitous amounts of UTS emails.

I don't understand why they send a mass fucking email to the school for very very specific and localized IT problems.

Old 11-17-2014 at 10:39 PM   #12
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Quote:
You're taking my comment out of context.

As starfish has already said, it was very unsatisfying not having graduation on campus. Hamilton Convention Centre is not a very attractive place for taking photos (both indoors and outdoors) being located in downtown Hamilton. Secondly, they don't allow you to take/rent the graduation gowns back to campus either.

I'm simply making a comparison to students from UofT, Waterloo, Western, etc. and they have amazing looking convocation photos in a natural campus setting...I can't say the same for Mac.

One thing's for sure...I won't be returning to Mac for my Master's because of this.
Old 11-17-2014 at 11:36 PM   #13
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

You could walk right across the street and take pictures at city hall :/ they have fountains and flowers and a park beside it. It's not the end of the world because your graduation isn't on campus. Hamilton place is a much bigger venue than the only theatre we have on campus, so they don't need to have as many ceremonies (therefore the president and speakers don't have to repeat their speeches 20 more times and there's less work involved for set up overall). and they have a large space for getting graduates set up whereas there's no place like that in the vicinity of the mac theatre.

also, you can rent the graduation gowns from the campus store if you want to take pictures later on campus.

that seems like a really over-exaggerated and petty reason not to attend a school for a masters.

my problem with mac is that they don't put our program names on our degrees, like it doesn't matter whether you were a bio student or a math & stats student, all students from your faculty are the same. :/ other schools do it, and mac has done it in the past, not sure why it was changed.
Old 11-18-2014 at 07:56 AM   #14
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
You're taking my comment out of context.

As starfish has already said, it was very unsatisfying not having graduation on campus. Hamilton Convention Centre is not a very attractive place for taking photos (both indoors and outdoors) being located in downtown Hamilton. Secondly, they don't allow you to take/rent the graduation gowns back to campus either.

I'm simply making a comparison to students from UofT, Waterloo, Western, etc. and they have amazing looking convocation photos in a natural campus setting...I can't say the same for Mac.

One thing's for sure...I won't be returning to Mac for my Master's because of this.
The fact that convocation photos are the defining reason why you wont attend McMaster for your Masters degree is sad to say the least. Lets not base our decisions on academics, lets make the deciding factor whether or not we can take pretty pictures on the campus after our education is complete there!.... :S

ibotibo likes this.
Old 11-18-2014 at 09:45 AM   #15
ibotibo

Liked: 0 Times

Haha
Quote:
The fact that convocation photos are the defining reason why you wont attend McMaster for your Masters degree is sad to say the least. Lets not base our decisions on academics, lets make the deciding factor whether or not we can take pretty pictures on the campus after our education is complete there!.... :S

@Allan, apply cold water to burnt areas.