MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey Commuters - Go Service Changes sew12 Automotive & Transportation 8 08-31-2010 01:09 AM
Bikes davidkim90 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 10-01-2008 07:26 PM
frosh for commuters jindal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-22-2008 11:31 PM
Social situation for commuters?? mazza General Discussion 7 08-11-2008 11:44 PM
bikes?? jasminexo First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-05-2008 07:40 PM

Bikes for Commuters.

Old 07-08-2009 at 03:05 PM   #1
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Bikes for Commuters.
I'm commuting but would like to have a bike on campus.
What are my options?

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-08-2009 at 03:37 PM   #2
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Well, how far are you commuting from? I assume its too far to bike all the way

If you can fit a bike in your vehicle, that's always an option. But unloading and reloading can be a hassle. You could also keep your bike on-campus, although then you have the disadvantage of not being able to use it while you're home.

Honestly though, I would say a bike on campus is not very practical. By the time you deal with finding a bike rack, locking your bike up, etc. It takes pretty much the same amount of time to walk. And you won't be walking for more than 8 minutes, even if you're going from Togo Salmon to ABB, which is probably the greatest distance between classrooms.

I rode my bike to campus last year, and I found that I would always just leave my bike near my first class of the day, and walk to every other class.

goodnews.inc says thanks to Marlowe for this post.
Old 07-08-2009 at 10:39 PM   #3
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Just got a speed bike, gotta try it on the downhill that goes straight to mac campus, hopefully its green light!