MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bikes Reda General Discussion 10 04-28-2012 01:16 PM
Bikes steph.elle Residence & Housing 2 08-26-2010 07:53 PM
Bikes davidkim90 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 10-01-2008 07:26 PM
bikes?? jasminexo First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-05-2008 07:40 PM

Bikes in Residence?

Old 07-07-2012 at 04:35 PM   #1
GurtegS

Liked: 0 Times

Bikes in Residence?
So I haven't really visited Mac's campus fully, but anyone know how the bike system works? I'm living in brandon hall next year and wanted to bring my bike along for the ocassional trail rides and rides to lectures. Is it worth it to bring my bike all the way to mac? :o
Old 07-07-2012 at 06:55 PM   #2
Arisu4

Liked: 7 Times

Hey, I recently went on a tour of brandon hall and they have a bike room where you can lock your bike. (looked like it had space for only 10-20 bikes)
or you can get one of the swipe cards to lock it in the fenced areas (it costs something)
or just lock it to one of the many bike racks on campus
Old 07-07-2012 at 08:08 PM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Scatted around campus are also these bike storage things. (Protects against weather!) Probably requires a fee.
Old 07-07-2012 at 09:12 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Scatted around campus are also these bike storage things. (Protects against weather!) Probably requires a fee.
40$/semester or 100$ for a year. http://parking.mcmaster.ca/Alternate...rtat ion.html
Old 07-07-2012 at 10:42 PM   #5
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

What I did last year was put my bike under the commons eating area since there is an overhang facing the road, and tuck it as close to the wall as possible since it is usually packed with bikes that are easier to get to. That way it is protected from the weather and next to the road so it easy to get out
Old 09-05-2012 at 06:37 PM   #6
AmyCM

Liked: 0 Times

Bring it! lots of good trails in Hamilton. You can store your bike in the basement of brandon or all around the bike racks around campus.... There's a caged bike lot near Edwards too, but that like the bike bins require a small fee I think. If you live on campus I don't think you'll be biking much to class but the trails are definitely worth it.
Old 09-05-2012 at 07:47 PM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Many bikes die every year because of improper maintainance (rusting of chain or general weather decay, especially winter) caused by leaving them out to be rained/snowed on. Keep in mind that you have a bus pass that lets you travel around Hamilton's HSR transit system free of charge with your tuition, so bringing a bike is mostly a lifestyle/health thing. I'd bring it, but it'll just decay if you don't actually make use of it regularly and be careful where you store it.