MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hamilton Hall and University Hall Watoko General Discussion 8 11-23-2010 12:42 AM
CON Hall syan9184 Academics 3 12-10-2009 05:12 PM
Matthews Hall '09 Chad Matthews Hall Forum 28 09-04-2009 10:27 AM

Binkley Hall

Old 07-02-2011 at 11:12 AM   #1
rosie08

Liked: 0 Times

Binkley Hall
http://www.binkleyhallsuites .com/home.php

Hi!
I am coming to Mac from Scotland for my third year and I didn't get Mac Halls. Do does anyone know anything about Binkley Halls?

Cheers
Old 07-03-2011 at 10:23 AM   #2
KPetmac

Actually, I am thinking about applying there myself, I would also like to know about this off-campus residence.
Old 07-03-2011 at 10:42 AM   #3
lux

Liked: 318 Times

You know it's strange, I've never heard anyone talk about it, yet I know that it exists and where it is. I mean, from the pictures it looks like a decent place to live but I would just be careful about it since I've never really met anyone living there. Try calling them.

There also West Village Suites which I think is a safer bet, since it is a nice complex close to campus with full accomodation. Little on the expensive side though.

Binkley Hall, not sure...on google images it looks okay, but on google maps and irl it looks sketch.

Anyways hope that helps.

Last edited by lux : 07-03-2011 at 10:58 AM.

davied likes this.
Old 07-03-2011 at 11:06 AM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I found out about them like a year ago when they were at the student centre on the off-campus housing info day or whatever. It was during the construction so it wasn't ready for viewing or anything. Just blueprints of the room layouts and whatnot. So I applied anyways in like february and when I finally did get an e-mail back from them saying they accept me, it was like bloody July or August or something... Needless to say I already found a house.

And I haven't really heard about them since or known anyone who's lived there.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 07-03-2011 at 01:45 PM   #5
KPetmac

LOL man.... yeah ive heard of west village suites as well, i might check that out instead. Also ... when I placed in my application to Binkley hall, it asked for my student I.D number, which i found kind of odd, considering on there website it says they have no affiliations to McMaster.
Old 07-03-2011 at 02:07 PM   #6
soltintal

Liked: 38 Times

If it's the address I'm thinking of, it used to be Colin MacDonald Alternative School (Montessori-style). I don't know how that makes it sketch. *eyeroll* They moved out because they didn't have the funds to upgrade everything so they moved to a newer building. If it's being renovated from scratch, it might be very nice, clean and new. I can understand them asking for your student ID if they only lease to students and want to verify that you actually attend Mac.
Old 07-04-2011
xennyhorteen
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-09-2011 at 12:40 AM   #7
Jo Wai

Binkley Hall Suites
I actually just went for a tour of both Binkley Hall and the West Village and I liked Binkley Hall better. It's super clean compared to the West Village and everything is totally new. I was honestly wondering why anyone bothers to live on school residence when Binkley Hall is so close to school. The grocery store and good restaurants that take the Mcmaster meal plan are a ten second walk along the street. The pictures on the website are exactly what it looks like. They have wifi which was a big thing for me, their security is good (I went with my mom and she quized them about it to death), and the people in charge seem really friendly. The best thing is that it's not priced very high.

If you want a room then you should email and fill out an online application now because it's almost all filled up.

Sorry I just wrote like a whole paragraph but I figured if you're in Scotland you'd probably like as much detail as possible. Hope this was helpful.
Old 07-09-2011 at 11:47 AM   #8
kakaluote234
Account Locked

Liked: Liked 2 Times

don't live there. too many whining bitches

alex751, davied like this.
Old 07-09-2011 at 12:01 PM   #9
davied

Liked: 1 Time

I went there and its definitely NOT worth the money... I say you go and rent a room in a house.
Old 07-25-2011 at 04:20 PM   #10
exchange101

Binkley and Payment
Hi,

I have applied to Binkley too as i didn,t get halls of residence, coming from Ireland. Binkley looking for post-dated cheques which is illegal here. Have searched on-line and you cant be refused accommodation if you refuse to post-date cheques. Has any else experience of this???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Wai View Post
I actually just went for a tour of both Binkley Hall and the West Village and I liked Binkley Hall better. It's super clean compared to the West Village and everything is totally new. I was honestly wondering why anyone bothers to live on school residence when Binkley Hall is so close to school. The grocery store and good restaurants that take the Mcmaster meal plan are a ten second walk along the street. The pictures on the website are exactly what it looks like. They have wifi which was a big thing for me, their security is good (I went with my mom and she quized them about it to death), and the people in charge seem really friendly. The best thing is that it's not priced very high.

If you want a room then you should email and fill out an online application now because it's almost all filled up.

Sorry I just wrote like a whole paragraph but I figured if you're in Scotland you'd probably like as much detail as possible. Hope this was helpful.

Last edited by jhan523 : 07-25-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-25-2011 at 04:29 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by exchange101 View Post
Hi,

I have applied to Binkley too as i didn,t get halls of residence, coming from Ireland. Binkley looking for post-dated cheques which is illegal here. Have searched on-line and you cant be refused accommodation if you refuse to post-date cheques. Has any else experience of this???
It's not illegal to ask for post-dated cheques, but they can't only accept that form of payment. Ask them if you can pay via a method you prefer.

Jo Wai likes this.
Old 07-25-2011 at 04:52 PM   #12
exchange101

Sorry its illegal in Ireland. But am I correct in thinking the cannot refuse to rent to
you if you dont pay by post-dated cheque? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
It's not illegal to ask for post-dated cheques, but they can't only accept that form of payment. Ask them if you can pay via a method you prefer.
Old 07-25-2011 at 05:23 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Sorry its illegal in Ireland. But am I correct in thinking the cannot refuse to rent to
you if you dont pay by post-dated cheque? Thanks.
That's my impression when I read the landlord tenant act.

By the way, here's the act: http://www.ontariotenants.ca /law/act.phtml
Old 07-29-2011 at 04:08 PM   #14
Jo Wai

Quote:
Hi,

You should email them cause I think you can pay through Paypal.