MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grade Reports meklia Academics 3 06-06-2010 05:01 PM
Grade Reports meklia Academics 1 06-02-2010 08:04 PM
Grade Reports meklia Academics 3 05-31-2010 03:46 PM
CHEM 1A03 Formal Labs? resh.jyoti Academics 1 11-15-2009 07:41 PM
Anyone happen to know anything about credit reports? etc. Greco General Discussion 3 08-15-2009 11:26 AM

Bio 1A03 formal lab reports

Old 11-01-2009 at 09:31 PM   #1
hafsa

Liked: 0 Times

Bio 1A03 formal lab reports
hi everyone!

i have to write a formal lab report for Bio 1A03 exp #3 "microbiology and efficacy of differne t anitbiotics." i am really confused as this is my frist time writing lab reports in uni. so if anyone can send me their lab report as an example, if you have done a similar one as above. i woud really appreciate any kind of help in this matter and pl reply asap as my lab report is due on wed Nov 3, 2009.

Note: i don't intend to copy anyone's lab report i just need it as an example, as i don't wanna take any risks.

thank you,
hafsa

my email id: [email protected] m
Old 11-01-2009 at 09:33 PM   #2
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

I sincerely doubt that anyone is going to send you their lab and if they do, they're a bit naive for it.

Try this instead:

http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~writing/handbook-lab.html

or e-mail your TA for some clarification.

It might also be useful to look up some scientific papers for guidelines in terms of citations and writing style.
Old 11-01-2009 at 09:35 PM   #3
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

I would advise people not to send their lab reports to a random email on the internet. If the OP copies your work and you get caught, you'll face academic intregrity issues. Hafsa, there's are a lot of people in 1A03, surely you must know someone who could help you out.
Old 11-01-2009 at 09:40 PM   #4
anubhagat
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

if you have specific questions, perhaps you can post them here and i'm sure others in 1a03 or upper years would be more than happy to answer your questions.
Old 11-01-2009 at 09:43 PM   #5
IbrahimH

Liked: 13 Times

You could definetly use your Guie To Writting book that came with the bio textbook... I believe it tells you how to write a formal report on page 151. GL.
Old 11-01-2009 at 09:52 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

I'm kinda confused about it too. Specifically, they're asking us to look at Microbiology textbooks and resources for reference. Is there any specific information we're supposed to be looking for? Or is it just background information to include in the discussion portion?
Old 11-01-2009 at 09:56 PM   #7
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Include stuff that's relevant to the lab (i'm assuming it's the same chicken one).

- Give some background on the bacteria, why it's harmful, and what it does. Then perhaps some information on the antibiotic.

- It might be good to research which antibiotics are used in chickens today and try to state whether the treatment that you applied is effective or not.

Hopefully that helps.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Lois for this post.
Old 11-01-2009 at 10:01 PM   #8
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

You can get some easy references on google scholar, just read the introduction sections to a couple papers.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Fight0 for this post.
Old 11-01-2009 at 11:12 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Include stuff that's relevant to the lab (i'm assuming it's the same chicken one).

- Give some background on the bacteria, why it's harmful, and what it does. Then perhaps some information on the antibiotic.

- It might be good to research which antibiotics are used in chickens today and try to state whether the treatment that you applied is effective or not.

Hopefully that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
You can get some easy references on google scholar, just read the introduction sections to a couple papers.

Thanks guys. I think I get the overall idea of it. It's actually not about chickens, it's about bacteria in a water sample, with testing the antibiotics on E.coli and M. luteus. Same overall idea though, with trying to identify the type of bacteria in the untreated water and such.
Thanks again!
Old 11-01-2009 at 11:23 PM   #10
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

ill try my best to find it, i suggest to get an early start. I ended up pulling an all nighter and only got an 82. Definitely make sure your results, your background and i believe that intro section cant remember what its called, make sure its sound. They are not looking for creativity, in fact i got penalized for using big words and complicated sentences. Keep it simple and you will do just fine.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to fasailuddin for this post.
Old 11-01-2009 at 11:28 PM   #11
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasailuddin View Post
ill try my best to find it, i suggest to get an early start. I ended up pulling an all nighter and only got an 82. Definitely make sure your results, your background and i believe that intro section cant remember what its called, make sure its sound. They are not looking for creativity, in fact i got penalized for using big words and complicated sentences. Keep it simple and you will do just fine.

So it isn't as complicated as it seems/everyone is making it seem. Phew! Thanks! I have 3 days to write it.
Old 11-01-2009 at 11:47 PM   #12
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

ye its fairly straight forward, just make sure you get your point across. Also for the methods try to be as concise as possible. I know its hard but i remember i lost marks because of it. What did you guyz use for your treatment. We used a highly concentrated vinegar solution and sprayed it with pressurized water.
Old 11-03-2009 at 02:56 PM   #13
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasailuddin View Post
ye its fairly straight forward, just make sure you get your point across. Also for the methods try to be as concise as possible. I know its hard but i remember i lost marks because of it. What did you guyz use for your treatment. We used a highly concentrated vinegar solution and sprayed it with pressurized water.
I used bleach & regular vinegar, since we were given the option of using one, or more if we wanted to.