MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Med Physics 2A03 "Science 2A03" or Math 2A03 ebfrancis Academics 2 09-01-2009 08:17 AM
BIO 2A03, 2B03, 2C03... what were they like?? dacrown4life Academics 57 08-25-2009 04:40 PM

BIO 2A03 vs BIO 2B03??

Old 10-30-2010 at 09:02 PM   #16
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
I stopped going to lecture (5:30pm EFFF THAAATTT) but I've been keeping up with the content. It isn't THAT bad, I have the pdf of the textbook to help and whatnot so I just read the textbook if a pathway is confusing me.

But the general idea is that its a bunch of pathways and cascades and transduction. A bunch.
I donno dawg, maybe because I haven't actually looked at it properly yet, but it still seems a LOT more challenging than it was before. To the point where it almost rivals organic chem in difficulty. To be fair, it will probably decrease in difficulty once I try figuring it out for myself and actually learning the pathways instead of just falling asleep in class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
ACTUALLY?!?!?!?!

Whyyy was I in the one class that was messed up?
We had a cumulative 60% exam...Fail
It was also the first and only time we were ever actually tested on course material.

If you're good at memorizing, you should do fine in either course. If you hate labs, I heard a lot of people complaining about the 2A03 labs.
Oh man haha. That sucks. I mean, our midterms are 40 minutes - there's no point making it cumulative because either it's going to be stupidly hard for a second year class, or it would be so easy (because everything will be so basic) that there's no point even teaching the material.

In either case, I like the Chemistry way of teaching. Every examination/midterm is cumulative, always, including previous chem courses. That's how it should be - a build up of knowledge, not discrete sections that are unrelated to each other.
Old 10-30-2010 at 09:04 PM   #17
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
I donno dawg, maybe because I haven't actually looked at it properly yet, but it still seems a LOT more challenging than it was before. To the point where it almost rivals organic chem in difficulty. To be fair, it will probably decrease in difficulty once I try figuring it out for myself and actually learning the pathways instead of just falling asleep in class.

Oh man haha. That sucks. I mean, our midterms are 40 minutes - there's no point making it cumulative because either it's going to be stupidly hard for a second year class, or it would be so easy (because everything will be so basic) that there's no point even teaching the material.

In either case, I like the Chemistry way of teaching. Every examination/midterm is cumulative, always, including previous chem courses. That's how it should be - a build up of knowledge, not discrete sections that are unrelated to each other.
I like the chemistry way of teaching, but I hate chemistry for the most part.

And yeah, it is challenging and hard to focus on but I sat down a few days ago and, for example, realized that the JAK-STAT pathway and the MAP cascade are like...really...reall y basic.

Old 10-30-2010 at 09:25 PM   #18
sycoman

Liked: 9 Times

dont know whose teaching this year. But last year cell bio with dr. dej was extremely extremely easy and the 2A03 course was hard (although i never took 2A03).
Old 10-30-2010 at 10:58 PM   #19
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Bio 2B is fairly easy. If you're into memorizing stuff, you should be able to get a great mark.