Poli Sci 2D03 silkee Academics 1 12-17-2009 07:59 PM
Bio 2d03 Labs sidraH Academics 5 08-31-2009 02:52 PM
Bio 2EE3 or Bio 2D03 R.L. Academics 10 08-14-2009 11:18 AM

Bio 2d03

Old 12-09-2008 at 03:38 AM   #46
jimmyjones

Liked: 0 Times

Bio 2d03
I found this course interesting and easy, Dr.Dudley knows her stuff but has some of the worst writing i have ever seen, that is pretty much the only bad side of this course the material you learn is very interesting and can be applied to everyday aspects of life. 60% of the course is lab, and 40%...

all say thanks to jimmyjones for this post.
Old 06-05-2017 at 03:16 PM   #45
nbelu

Liked: 1 Time
Great course, one of the easier of the second year biology courses. Post lab assignments were manageable, just 1 or 2 page worksheets based on lecture content and observations from the labs. Labs were weekly however, as oppose to biweekly. I started the course thinking it'd be extremely boring, but was pleasantly surprised. No botany (memorizing species...), but plant responses to the environment, clever ways they regulate their growth, some physiology, genetics, and the agricultural industry (how they approve new trangenic crops, examples of transgenes and how the alter the plant, etc). The exam had this question at the end that asked you if you think GMO crops are overall beneficial or not, and to have 3 examples of GMO crops to support your opinion. You were given the question ahead of time and had time to prepare, imo was very easy, just around 4 short paragraphs.
Old 06-22-2017 at 12:15 PM   #46
TheHound

Liked: 0 Times
Would you say it is easy to get a 12? And would you say this course has a heavy, moderate or light workload?
Old 06-26-2017 at 02:45 AM   #47
Pegasus

Liked: 5 Times
I would say that it takes a bit of effort to get a 12 (considering how I think the class did in my year), but 11-12 is very achievable. Moderate to slightly heavy workload during the year, simply because the material isn't intuitive at times, and there is a fair amount of info. Also, personally, I found the course to be a bit boring, which may have played a role (in how I perceived the workload to be). If you can achieve 11/12s in other bio and life sciences courses, and are somewhat interested in plants, this course shouldn't be a problem at all. Keep in mind, I took the class a few years back (with Dr. Cameron), although I don't think it has changed too much since then. Someone who has taken the course more recently feel free to chime in.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search