MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RELIG ST 2C03/PEACE ST 2D03/PHILOS 2D03 review? hons2 Academics 4 06-05-2012 06:07 PM
History 3FF3 ardenelva 3rd Year Course Reviews 0 06-07-2010 10:09 AM

Bio 2D03 vs. Bio 3FF3

Old 06-30-2013 at 06:42 AM   #1
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Bio 2D03 vs. Bio 3FF3
For people who have taken BOTH: which one would you recommend and why?

I would take both but they are at the exact same time.

Thank you
Old 07-01-2013 at 10:36 PM   #2
Cristina_n13

Liked: 23 Times

Hi,

I've taken both courses and I will give you a quick overview of both.

2D03 - taken with Dr. Cameron was interesting if you find plants interesting. The labs were my favourite part but the lab exam was HARD. The midterms and exams were not too bad if you studied - she liked to test things she was interested in (usually related to her research). Overall it wasn't too difficult to do well in, there was an average amount of work, and it was not super riveting information.

3FF3 - taken with Dr. Stone was one of my favourite courses at Mac. I really enjoy learning about evolution and it was fun. I did not keep up with the readings at all, I just paid attention in class. There were quite a few readings to be done. The final exam was open-book. I tried to read the whole textbook to have a general understanding before the exam but I found knowing how to use various parts of the book (index, table of contents etc.) was more important. Also, most questions you had to think about and they weren't purely out of the book so they tested your understanding of the material - however I didn't find it too difficult to understand and apply the information. Definitely an easier course in my opinion as well as a more interesting one content-wise.

So I would recommend Evolution. (3FF3)

Biochem47 says thanks to Cristina_n13 for this post.

Biochem47 likes this.