MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
life sci 2ee3 and biochem 2ee3 jangh2 Academics 16 06-25-2009 12:19 PM
Orgo 20B3 and 2OA3, and biochem 2EE3, and bio 2EE3 rits Academics 1 08-24-2008 03:44 PM
Bio 2EE3 ... help pls! Eaman Academics 2 09-04-2007 12:15 AM

Bio 2ee3 Fml!

Old 12-06-2009 at 03:07 PM   #1
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

Bio 2ee3 Fml!
Is anyone else overwhelmed by how much we have to memorize!! 27 chapters... entire textbook cover to cover!!!!!! I wish this exam was later and not soooo soon!
Old 12-06-2009 at 04:27 PM   #2
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Lol my friend took it last year and ended up dropping the course halfway because he knew he couldn't handle that much memorization and the crazy non-understandable prof and he'd end up doing worse on all his other courses.

BUT think of it this way, after you finish the exam it's DONE, you can focus on your other exams and do better on them than if you were trying to study for them while squeezing in as much Bio 2EE3 as you can. I had Orgo2 the same day as one of my other midterms.. I spent so much time trying to do well in Orgo (I still ended up with my lowest grade, probably throughout my university life) that I did pretty badly in my other exam too despite the fact that I KNOW I could've 11'ed it if I had spent more time on it. :(

But good luck! Pace yourself and don't try to cram 27 chapters of memorization in 2-3 days. It won't go well for you...
Old 12-06-2009 at 05:00 PM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

An hour to 2 hours on each chapter just for reading it, depending on the length of the chapter...

Good luck. Heh.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-06-2009 at 05:01 PM   #4
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

27 chapters? How big is each chapter? Or how big is the whole textbook?
Old 12-06-2009 at 05:16 PM   #5
Infinity
Elite Member

well the book is 1000-1300 pages.. like the material isn't hard. Its a very interesting course I really do love the content. but this course is sooo poorly structured, we have no review except a review lecture two days before the exam, like that's going to help. The lecture slides don't help much, they are just mainly pictures and being able to just memorize 1000+ pages is ridiculous!! I wouldn't be complaining but I have an orgo test the day before its hard to manage when stuff like this occurs. I'm going to end up failing both and my life is still going to miserable at the end of the day. I should have dropped microbio, when I had the chance.
Old 12-06-2009 at 05:25 PM   #6
anubhagat
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

last year was the exact same...the final was on the very first day...december 5th!! it was horrible trying to study for it but in the end, rest assured...it will be okay!!!

1) the exam was not nearly as difficult as the midterm
2) the short answers were marked really easily...they were really lenient with marking
3) the multiple choice was ridiculous...focused almost exclusively on the textbook, which really dr xu says you dont need to read but thats SOO not true...

if you're reading the textbook and making detailed notes, i'd recommend not doing that...the best way to study for it is just to read the chapters and get a vague understanding of the material...because he picks random points to test you on and its not worth your time to do detailed textbook readings!

GOOD LUCK!! it wont be so bad...and im pretty sure they will bell curve it...as i'm almost sure they did last year.

bigmac says thanks to anubhagat for this post.
Old 12-06-2009 at 05:26 PM   #7
anubhagat
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

btw...know the structure of ATP synthase... last year i think they had us draw it or if not, then describe it in detail!

Infinity says thanks to anubhagat for this post.
Old 12-06-2009 at 06:16 PM   #8
Infinity
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhagat View Post
last year was the exact same...the final was on the very first day...december 5th!! it was horrible trying to study for it but in the end, rest assured...it will be okay!!!

1) the exam was not nearly as difficult as the midterm
2) the short answers were marked really easily...they were really lenient with marking
3) the multiple choice was ridiculous...focused almost exclusively on the textbook, which really dr xu says you dont need to read but thats SOO not true...

if you're reading the textbook and making detailed notes, i'd recommend not doing that...the best way to study for it is just to read the chapters and get a vague understanding of the material...because he picks random points to test you on and its not worth your time to do detailed textbook readings!

GOOD LUCK!! it wont be so bad...and im pretty sure they will bell curve it...as i'm almost sure they did last year.
that's actually relieving... slightly. I've just been going through his notes and referring to the book. I'm not sure I can just read it, since its not very readable and I won't remember any details by just reading. I wish I could .... if only I was blessed with photographic memory.

The midterm was crazy... definitions i totally failed. mc was okay since they posted practice questions but anyways I'm really bad at multiple choice for like everything... arghhh. I can usually do short answer though. Definitions will kill me... they wanted it so perfect on the mid-term... I think I'll just read the glossary before the test or something...

Bellcurve? I've never heard of such a thing in biology classes

and thanks for the tip!

Last edited by Infinity : 12-06-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2009 at 07:51 PM   #9
salimak

Liked: 21 Times

Does anyone have the exam from previous years, or is it in the library or something?

The midterm was so vague, yet so random....hard to explain. Anyways it sucks beucause there are NO WORDS on the slide, just images so you need to use the textbook to study ;(
FML!
Old 12-06-2009 at 08:55 PM   #10
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

I killed the 2ee3 exam last year ! I spent two days reading that stupid textbook in the student center.
Old 12-06-2009 at 09:10 PM   #11
Infinity
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
I killed the 2ee3 exam last year ! I spent two days reading that stupid textbook in the student center.
you must have photographic memory. how the hell did you remember everything??
Old 12-06-2009 at 09:10 PM   #12
Infinity
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimak View Post
Does anyone have the exam from previous years, or is it in the library or something?

The midterm was so vague, yet so random....hard to explain. Anyways it sucks beucause there are NO WORDS on the slide, just images so you need to use the textbook to study ;(
FML!

i checked thode. nada. zit. zilch. zero.

life sux
Old 12-06-2009 at 09:15 PM   #13
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
you must have photographic memory. how the hell did you remember everything??

I dunno. Trust me, I was hating the exam as much as you seemed to be. But just read the textbook, and try your best. He tests on pretty basic science knowledge most of the time.
Old 12-06-2009 at 10:29 PM   #14
Infinity
Elite Member

yeh, but I hate when he pulls out the most random questions.... but I really, really hope I can manage like a 70.
Old 12-06-2009 at 10:37 PM   #15
Scrub
Original "G"

Liked: 57 Times

my brain will soon explode..so much freakin detail...i did really well on the midterm, i made super detailed notes, and never read them again, making them is enough for me...im doing the same for the exam...oh dear god theres so much info...i wish we could right this exam with a partner, lol less info between the 2...damn nation back to reading/note taking