bio 3dd3? sinthusized Academics 9 09-16-2010 11:57 AM
bio 3dd3 vs mol bio 3m03 yum24 Academics 2 08-10-2010 03:33 PM

Bio 3DD3

Old 12-16-2014 at 08:37 PM   #1
bradyr

Liked: 10 Times

Bio 3DD3
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a recent review of this course (there is nothing in the course reviews). I have a few questions

1) I know in bio 2F03, we had were essentially given 12 bonus marks in the exam, how many do you get for Bio 3DD3? I heard it was just 4, so how much harder is the course?

2) How do you study for the course? Focus on his pdf textbook and his lecture slides?

3) How are tutorials evaluated? They are only 1 hour, so are they just for presentations of groups, or do you have to participate in discussions as well?

4) How was the midterm and exam for the course? For 2F03, midterm was hard but exam was good, but I've heard the exam for 3DD3 is killer.
Old 12-16-2014 at 10:17 PM   #2
unman69

Liked: 3 Times

1) 4 bonus marks
2) anatomy/ physiology courses i would write out every slide until i had them memorized like the back of my hand. for this that won't work. study with a friend who you can discuss and ask questions. readings helped.
3) yes to all.
4) Midterm was hard, and exam was not easy

overall the exam average is 72 % for this year and midterm i wanna say was around 60-70.
course got way harder this year. Material was great though, I definitely learned alot.

bradyr says thanks to unman69 for this post.

bradyr likes this.
Old 12-16-2014 at 11:07 PM   #3
bradyr

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by unman69 View Post
1) 4 bonus marks
2) anatomy/ physiology courses i would write out every slide until i had them memorized like the back of my hand. for this that won't work. study with a friend who you can discuss and ask questions. readings helped.
3) yes to all.
4) Midterm was hard, and exam was not easy

overall the exam average is 72 % for this year and midterm i wanna say was around 60-70.
course got way harder this year. Material was great though, I definitely learned alot.
So in tutorials, you have to present and participate in a discussion? Because don't presentations alone take up the 1 hour tutorial slot?

And wow, thanks. I'm leaning towards not taking the course because I didn't really like 2F03, and I don't want to torture myself again with 3DD3
Old 12-23-2014 at 07:59 PM   #4
Pegasus

Liked: 5 Times

I found Bio 3dd3 to be not a bad course. I would recommend taking it if you liked the style and setup of 2f03 as it is very similar. Also, like 2fo3, there are alternate weighting schemes to help you out and all evaluations (aside from the tutorial component) are MC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyr View Post
So in tutorials, you have to present and participate in a discussion? Because don't presentations alone take up the 1 hour tutorial slot?
There is only one group presenting per week with each presentation lasting for less than an hour. At the end of the presentation, you can ask questions if you want/have any for bonus marks. Unlike bio 2f03, these are not discussions and you will not lose marks for not participating. Also, since there are approx. 3 groups per tutorial, you only have to present once every three weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyr View Post
And wow, thanks. I'm leaning towards not taking the course because I didn't really like 2F03, and I don't want to torture myself again with 3DD3
It's up to you to decide if you want to take it or not. Personally, I would recommend it as it was an enjoyable course overall. The concepts were easy to grasp and the lectures moved at a decent pace. If you do take it, I recommend focusing on both the lecture slides and the readings. Also, (to answer one of your other questions) I found the midterm to be not easy but not exactly difficult either (however the class average was kinda on the low side) and the exam to be easier. Best of luck!